Chapter 28

We got up later to have some food as Colin text that they were going. We joined them like a proper couple, holding hands, walking with our arms around each other.

We headed to the marina... I was not happy. Pervert was down here.

Sean smiled apologetically.

“Great I am bait for a very slimy fish!” I said sussing it out.

An hour into our meal who sits within spitting distance. Pervert!

I immediately lost my appetite and couldn’t keep my eyes still. They were flicking nervously around the table, restaurant and adjoining bar. I nearly died when I spotted the man with the tattoo on his leg, I tried not to stare or panic like last time.

“What’s the matter Mel?” Sean asked. “What time am I looking at?”

“Five o’clock,” I barely managed to mumble. I was frozen solid in fear. I was useless at this hero shit... useless.

“Shaved head.”

“It wasn’t before,” I whispered.

“It’s ok,” he whispered back. Colin covered with other talk at the table.

“Do you know why they are here?” he asked.

“Bring the kids on holiday,” I guessed.

“No, I explain later.  Stay close,” he said. “Don’t take your eyes off her for a second,” he said to James.

I looked at James in horror. He kissed me to cover it.

“We are leaving,” James said. I nodded.

Colin called for the bill and we all left. I was flanked by them all the way back.

“So here is what we think is happening,” Sean said. “They are not here to bring the girl, they are here to grab Mel.”

My blood ran cold.

“You played nicely with the kids last time, you were a loner. They should have took you then but missed an opportunity. They heard you were back. That means they have spies. Your room was turned over. It wasn’t to take both your clothes, it was to take yours. Like trophies but also so they have something to make you feel at home when they get you wherever they intend on taking you. As much as I would love you to carry on this holiday it is too dangerous and we risk an extraction at any time and at any cost of Mel. He has his sites set on her and he doesn’t come out of the shadows very often. This is rare.”

I started to cry, it was scary to hear someone planning to kidnap you.

“I know it is scary but we are going to take you all back to HQ and do a debrief. I think we have more than enough evidence here to plan an operation.”

“Pack your things we are leaving,” Colin said the Lauren.

“Already done,” she replied. “Mel and I are prepared after the last robbery.”

I nodded. Living out of a suitcase or in my case a carrier bag.

“Can we have an extraction please?” Sean said into a satellite phone.

I hugged James tight.

“I don’t know what is worse bring taken, knowing they are planning to take you or feeling like I should let them take me so I can find Emily,” I whispered.

“No way, don’t ever think that.”

“I’m scared. Really scared,” I said feeling like the world was closing in on me.

“What if it is scare tactics to get us to go away so they can bring her here again?” I asked.

“The place is being watched,” James whispered.

“Too scared to go for a wee on my own,” I admitted.

He walked me to the bathroom. “What are we packing into carrier bags?” he asked.

“Yeah, afraid so,” I replied washing my hands. “We just need the laptop and things.”

“I’ll grab more bags,” he said going to the kitchen as I shoved the towel I brought into one.

“D...” was all I got to say as I was grabbed from behind, the billowing curtain was the last thing I saw as something was held over my face and I passed out.