Chapter 7

SB

I woke up a little after 7 to an empty spot next to me on the bed, where Nicki was supposed to be. I was confused at first. Where could she be?

I hopped out of bed, and made my way downstairs, expecting to either see her in the kitchen, making breakfast, or sleeping on the couch. I didn't find her in either of those places.

I flashbacked to last night. I made her pretty mad. I know I may have been being a little strict on her, but I love her, whether she believes it or not, and I don't wanna lose her.

Nonetheless, I was furious. Where could she be?! I don't remember her ever coming back to bed anytime last night, so that meant she must being staying somewhere else.

My mind immediately went to Drake and his apartment. No doubt her had her with him.

And I wasn't surprised.

Nicki

I got a call from SB as I was driving to StarBucks to pick up my uniform for my new job. I rolled my eyes when I saw his name flash across my iPhone's screen. I knew I had to answer, no matter if I wanted to or not. I huffed and hesitantly answered.

"What the hell could you possibly want, SB? I'm kinda busy," I say aggressively.

"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU ONIKA?" he screamed through the phone.

I smacked my lips. "Why do you care NOW?! You had a chance to find out last night, but nahhh, you ain't care enough."

I was already tired of talking with this son of a bitch. He was working my last nerve. Even though we made love, like, two nights ago, you wouldn't know by the way he treats me. Shit, you'd expect him to be nicer to me since I like, totally opened up to him like that.

And I don't do that often.

"I'm going to ask you one more time, Onika. Where. Are. You," he growled, anger visible in his voice.

"Sitting on Drake's DICK, my nigga," I scoff. "Now goodBYE!"

Then I pressed the red "End" button at the bottom of the screen.

It only took me maybe five seconds to realize that I had just messed up; big time. SB was gone beat my ass! My palms got sweaty as I thought about what he would do to me. Surely he wouldn't hit me again... Right?

I ran my hair through my hair. I didn't have time for this. I needed to get my uniform and GO.

I pulled into StarBucks' parking lot and rushed inside to find Jessica waiting for me, my uniform in her arms.

"Hi Jessica!" I say as I pull her into a hug.

"Hi Onika," she says, returning my huge smile.

I laughed. "Please," I said, "Call me Nicki."

"Ok, Nicki," she said, almost like she was tasting my name. "Here's your uniform. I hope it fits. It's a medium, and I'm sure it'll fit fine but... You never know..."

I took it from her and held it up to me. I thought it looked pretty good.

"It's fine, Jess. Thank you so much for the job! I'm coming in at 3, right?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Ok! I'll bring Drake with me. Thanks again!" I call over my shoulder as I exit StarBucks, satisfied as fuck with myself.

. . .

As I drove back to Drake's apartment, I thought about what it would be like if I got my own place. Like, apart from SB. I'd be alone, but that would work to my advantage.