Chapter 6

Nicki

Drake and Niyah's apartment was only, like, four minutes away; talk about convenient. I pulled into the apartment conplex and parked, then got out and went out to search for Drake's apartment.

His apartment complex is huge. It always takes me ten minutes alone to find what floor he lives on. I've only been to his apartment five or six times all these years we've been friends... Sad, huh?

I remember he lives on the third floor, in apartment 3-5C. I climb the three flights of stairs -- don't even ask me how Drake and Niyah do it every day -- and finally found his apartment. I knocked.

Drake answered the door. He looked suprised to see me.

"Nicki," he said, "What's up?"

I clutched my small suitcase in my hand. Surely he'd let me stay.

"Hey, um, Drake? I have a huge favor to ask you..." I say tentatively.

"Ok, go for it."

"Um, can I stay with you and Niyah? Just for tonight? Me and SB are, erm, arguing," I explain.

He smiled. "Yeah, it's fine with me, but lemme go check with Niyah. You can come in," he said as he opened the door wide for me, and I entered. His apartment was pretty big. Bigger than mine and SB's. Nicer than it, too. Maybe if SB would get off of his sorry ass and got a fucking job, we could afford something like this, shit.

"Just sit down somewhere, and lemme go see what Niyah's up to," he casually said, and he went into his and Niyah's room to find her.

I took a seat on the couch and exhaled. This sucked. I hated fighting with SB, I really and truly did, but I don't know, we just might be too alike. Or too different. Whatever.

I just... I just wish I could have the relationship Drake and Niyah do. They're just so in love. They put each other before themselves. They never fought. They were just your perfect boyfriend and girlfriend; like the ones you see in movies. I'll tell you right now, they're real, those perfect relationships. They're just hard to find.

Drake came out of his room and nodded. "Yeah, you can stay. You can stay in the guest room. You know where it is, right?"

I smiled and nodded. "Yea," I said, and stood up. I pulled Drake into a hug and buried my face into his shirt and sighed in frustration. And to think just a day ago, everything was going good.

"Drake, I just don't know what to do," I cried, as my voice started to crack. I didn't wanna cry, I really didn't, but I needed to.

"Everything is just falling apart between me and SB. We can't go a day without fighting, and it sucks ass! I just look at you and Niyah, and, and, I just think 'Wow, I'd love to have a relationship like that,' and then I remember that I never will... At least not with SB!"

He hugged me tight and rocked me. "It's ok, Nicki, it's ok."

He led me to the couch again and sat me down next to him. He kissed my forehead and sighed. He really hated seeing me cry. When I hurt, he hurts.

Just then, Niyah came out of her and Drake's bedroom and smirked when she saw us hugging. She walked over to us.

"Nicki, you're not trying to steal him from me, are you?" Niyah said with a smile. Her voice made both me and Drake jump, and I smiled up at her. I knew she was kidding. She trusted me around Drake; she knew I'd never try and take him from her. She got that we were just friends, and nothing more than that... Unlike SB.

I shook my head and wiped the fresh tears off of my face. "Nah," I said.

She laughed and walked into the kitchen to grab something to eat. "Good," she called behind her.