Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I don't know how, but in 15 minutes flat, I had figured out a safe activity. At least as safe as I was willing to go. I quickly changed into some sweats, a plain white tee shirt and my leather jacket. 

Wandering where I'm going? Well, you'll find out soon enough.

I grabbed the keys to my navy blue Jaguar, and jogged to the garage to get it. It was quite hard, seeing as how we had a total of 26 cars in my personal garage. Lets just say I was a car fanatic...

It wasn't a very long drive until I reached my destination. 

"Carl! Where's my baby?" I shouted.

Carl grimaced at my volume."Stevie. What did I tell you about indoor voices?" 

"That they're boring, and should be illegal in 49 of the fifty states, excluding Alaska." I shouted again.

"Stevie..." He warned. 

"Ugh. Carl. You are no fun." I pouted. He sent me another look before pointing behind him.

"Okay. She's been washed, steamed, waxed, and detailed. Are you racing today?" Okay. I guess I can tell you where I am now. I'm at a drag strip. You know, where you race cars? Or in my case, motorcycles.

I nodded my head and waved.

I climbed on my Bike, and did a few laps, before lining up with the others. 

"Racers take your mark. Get set. Go!" And I took off. It was a short race, and was very obvious that I had won. 

Now, I didn't only come here to compete in one measly race (Which is all Carl will allow me to do, seeing as though I'm a minor.) Right across the street from here is a small little diner. Joe's for Hoes. It was originally a small club, but it didn't get very far...

I ordered a large cup of Pumpkin Seed Coffee, (Don't judge me.) and a slice of Blueberry pie. Sike! Once you have one slice, you can't stop. It's like freaking crack bro! Just to start me out, I ordered 3 slices. Holy Shit this stuff is amazing!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stevie? Wake up!" Spencer shouted, "Your late!" 

I rolled over so that the sun wasn't shining directly in my face. You know how in movies, the actress wakes up with her hair looking perfect, some natural makeup on, and that 'Today will be amazing!' attitude. Yeah, that doesn't really happen. When I wake up, my hair is crazy, I have drool running down the side of my face, and the only thing I'm thinking is 'Whoever woke me up, must die.'

Add in the fact, that I ate 13 pieces of pie last night, and you get exactly what I felt today. A hot mess.

Wait, I look nothing near hot right now... so just a mess.

Since I'm already late, I take my time getting ready. And by the time I pull into school, It's 20 minutes into second period.

"I should have just skipped." I mumbled as I plopped down in the desk. I droned out the teacher, and instead thought about my bike.

I tuned back into the lesson, just in time to hear my name being called."-Ms.Edwards?"

I sighed. What does this woman want now?!?"What?" 

"I asked you a question."

I'm going to be sitting here all day, if she keeps up like this. "No shit Sherlock."

She shakes her head, making her look like a freaking bobble head. "Mrs. Edwards, you are taking the highest math class offered by this school-"

I cut her off. "No way! Gag me with a spoon!" I squeal in an overly girly voice.

"Ms. Edwards, you will respect me in my class room! Lunch detention." She boomed. 

I chuckled. This crazy lady thinks I'm gonna back down. "Great! Now, I have something to do! Give yourself a pat on the back."

"Principal. Now." She demanded

I threw my hand over my heart. "Aww, your letting me off early? That is so sweet of you! So, I'll go have a little chat with Mrs. Jones, and I'll be back in time for my lunch detention. Save me seat will ya?" 

And with that, I walked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spencer barged into my room looking out of breath."Stevie. Code Red! M-" 

"STEPHANIE! SPENCER!" My mom shouted. "I WANT YOU TWO TO MEET SOMEBODY!"

Great. That's code for, my Fuck Buddy. I don't even try to keep track of the names. So I just call them Colby. Most of the time, they think I'm talking about Kobe Bryant, but I really mean Colby Jack. As in the cheese. One minute, they're all manly and shit, bit as soon as mom breaks up with then, they're crying their eyes out.

Spencer and I share a look.

"SPENCER! STEPHANIE! COME MEET YOUR STEP FATHER TO BE!" She shouted again. 

"Let's get this over with." I sighed. Spencer and I began to put on our 'perfect child facade'. 

"Kids, this is Tyler. Tyler, these are my two youngest children Spencer Emilio Edwards, and Stepha-"

"Stevie." I corrected her. Nobody but Martha was allowed to call me Stephanie. Especially her. To be honest, I had no problem with the name. I just got upset when certain people used it. And I prefer the nickname better 99.9% of the time. Especially when I wasn't in the best of moods. The woman birthed me, then practically left Victoria, Elizabeth, Eloise, Madeline, and Spencer to raise me. And they did a pretty damn good job of it.

"Stephanie, don't start this right now. Stephanie is a lovely name. I don't understand why you insist on being called Stevie. That is a boys name. Yo-"

"Well mother, I insist on being called Stevie, because the people who actually give a damn about me call me Stevie. You know, the teens you held responsible for raising a toddler?" I was going to continue, but Spencer threw his hand over my mouth.

"Bite me and I swear I will kill you." He whispers in my ear.

"Hello Spencer, hello Stevie!" Colby greets. Damn, I already forgot his name...

"Tyler, please tell her that Stephanie is a lovely name." So that's his name... I think I'll stick with Colby.

"Blair, let the child have her fun! And we'll have ours." Colby purred. Great. Thanks for the mental image, Colby. I rolled my eyes and stormed off into the kitchen mumbling profanities.

Spencer joined me a few minutes later, and sat on a stool."C'mon Stevie. Give her a break. The sooner you do, the sooner she leaves."

Hmm, never thought about it that way. The moment I start to forgive my mother, and begin to move on, she leaves...

"Mom? Colby? Do you guys want some dinner?" I shout.

My mother storms into the kitchen appalled. "Stephanie! You are a young lady. You do not shout. I taught you better then that!" 

I grounded my teeth. I wanted to say 'Sike! Victoria taught me better then that!' but that would defeat the entire purpose, so instead I bit out a 'yes mother'.

Yeah, this should be interesting...