Chapter 9. Caught off guard

We are welcomed by loud shrills and screams of the excited Japanese fans as we get off the plane. The lads are being hounded by the crowd who wants to catch a glimpse of them. I’ve never experienced being in a crowded place like this. And I’ve never been stomped on my feet for a hundred times. Hence, I’ve been grimacing and growling and whimpering every minute.

Luckily enough, the bodyguards are able to shoo them away. Well, the word ‘shoo’ is kinda blunt, I must say. But that’s how it looks like, honestly.

Before we get into the bus that will bring us to our next destination, the lads wave their hands to their fans and pay them a warm smile.

"I feel like I'm in a movie where the zombies are chasing after me!" I spit out as I slump in my seat.

"Well, you must get used to it because you'll experience it more often" Nicky says when he climbs into the bus and sits beside me again. Our arrangement is still the same as to when we were in the plane.

I know they're not actually running after me but since I'm with Westlife all the time, I can somehow feel how much of an obstacle it is to be hounded by the fans.

"So you're OK with this scenario?" I question Nicky.

"Of course! Without their love and support, we wouldn't have come this far. We owe them a lot so there's no reason to get all mad and even though they’re watching us around the clock. This is what we wanted from the very start…to have our dreams fulfilled. And somehow, I’ve got used to it over time.”

"Oh, y-you have a point there." If I were in their place, I'd not feel the same way or maybe I'd get mad and irritated. This just proves that Westlife really love their fans into bits.

“By the way, what’s our next destination?” Nicky asks briskly, changing the subject

“To a Japanese restaurant for dinner” I inform him.

His face lights up “Great! I so love Japanese foods!” he then shifts his sight away from me and announces loudly and excitedly, “We’re going to a Japanese restaurant for dinner!”

However, only Nicky looks happy about it. After a minute, we then finally leave the airport and head towards our next destination.

------------------------

“I’m so not eating Japanese foods. We could just head straight to the hotel and eat there!” Bryan grumbles as we step inside a Japanese restaurant in Tokyo

“But they’re actually delicious! It will keep you glued to your seat until you find yourself scoffing down your food and wanting for more! Give it a try, please” Nicky encourages his friend. He sounds like an advertisement.

Bryan sighs and scratches his head “Fine, if that’s what will satisfy you”

“Thank you!” Nicky jumps in joy and now turns to Shane. “How about you, buddy? Is it okay to you to dine here?” he inquires

“Well, even if I say no, you’ll still insist, right? So… yes”

Nicky envelopes Shane in his arms and then releases him, saying “Thanks, Shane! You’re really my bestfriend!”

“It looks like me and Kian are left with no choice” Mark says with a hint of disapproval in his voice.

“If you were not just our friend, Nicky, you’d be eating in this restaurant alone!” Kian mutters sarcastically to Nicky

“I know! But thank you guys! You really made me happy. Shall we eat now?”

Then emerging out of nowhere, a lady (who’s in the verge of fainting when she sees Westlife) ushers us towards a table that is good for six persons. I choose to sit beside…who else do you think it could be? Right, beside Shane. But before I can pull out a chair for myself, Shane has already pulled out a chair for me.