Chapter 7. Realization

**Backtrack**

Lauren took the job offer that Louis Walsh had offered her. Her first day of job as a tour manager of Westlife was a complete mess. There was a dramatic exit instigated by Lauren and also a Pep Talk that was initiated by Nicky and Mark. After being encouraged and convinced by Nicky and Mark to not quit on her job, Lauren started taking her job seriously. Then there came a day when all of a sudden, Louis told Lauren through a letter, that she was moving out of his house. Lauren had no idea that the house she moved into was also where Westlife were staying. Little did Lauren know, the lads prepared a welcome celebration for her as their new housemate.

**********

I jerk towards the table when Bryan pulls another party popper.

“Holy popper!” I shriek, my shoulders hunched forward. Yeah, I detest the sound of it very much that I’d suddenly turn into a scaredy cat everytime I hear a loud popping noise.

Because of my stupid, unduly reaction, all of them burst out laughing. Not long thereafter, Kian is now clutching his stomach along with Nicky, whilst Shane, Mark and Bryan are nearly running out of breath as their laughter hitches dangerously.

“Why are you laughing at me?!” I ask, acting all tough when deep inside, I’m awfully mortified. My face turning as red as tomato makes them laugh even harder.

Bryan holds back his laughter. “It’s just th-that…”

“What?!” I demand

“It’s b-because…i-it’s just th-that…Hahaha!” Bryan accidentally swallows a couple strips of paper, failing to complete his sentence. Talk about karma.

“Look! Hahaha!” Now is my time to laugh at him. Kian, Nicky, Shane and Mark laugh even harder at Bryan’s misery. We’re laughing our heads off like there’s no more tomorrow.

Bryan quickly spits the papers out of his mouth into the bin. “Now we’re even.”

“Karma is a bitch,” I tell him with a mischievous grin.

“Yeah right. I didn’t see that coming.” He scratches his head, looking slightly embarrassed.

“You had it coming” I retort whilst smirking sarcastically at him

“Yeah, Ms. Scared-of-Party-Popper Streisand” he spits back, earning a slight punch from me.

When all of us finally and completely regain ourselves, Nicky questions, “Shall we continue with the celebration?”

All of us reply with “Yes” except for Shane which surprises me.

“Before anything else, let’s bring your things first to your room,” Shane suggests.

“I can do it myself,” I reply, playing with the hem of my blouse and at the same time, keeping my eyes off him. I don’t know but I just can’t keep an eye contact with him.

“But there’s one problem,” Nicky says as if a lightning has just struck him. “We've only got 5 rooms. Where is she gonna sleep?”

Silence fills the air for like 30 seconds until Bryan says, “Lauren can sleep in my room.”

My eyes grow wide at his response and I’m about to thwack him hard when he smiles jokingly and mutters, “I’m just kidding! I hope I didn’t scare you away, Lauren.”

‘You’re such a flirt, you know that?’ I want to say these words to him but since he’s just said that he didn’t mean it at all, then I’ll just let it slide.

“I don’t want to, either,” I inform him. He looks slightly offended by my words or am I just imagining or assuming that he is? I don’t know.