° chapter ten °

° ten °

Turned out Harry was indeed running a fever and the fact that Avalon was walking around her apartment in that ever so lovely pink dress wasn’t helping him either. Perrie had left after quickly doing Avalon’s hair in a sort of braided bun and pinching on a bit of makeup, leaving Harry and Avalon alone once again.

Avalon had insisted Harry stay in bed as she rushed about grabbing water and quickly pulling a can of soup from her pantry next to the fridge.

“Avie, this isn’t necessary. You have a date,” Harry called as another bout of chills seemed to possess his body.

“You should be wearing a coat more!” Avalon cried back, frantically heating up Campbell’s chicken noodle soup and rushing about to find her nude heels at the same time.

“Avie,” Harry sighed. She poked her head out of her closet and Harry pointed to the floor next to her bed where her heels lay.

“Oh thank you,” she said hurriedly, checking Harry’s forehead with one hand and putting on her shoes with the other. “You’re still burning up.”

“I’m fine.”

“I’m buying you a coat tomorrow.”

“I have a coat.”

“You should wear it then dumbass.”

Harry chuckled as the microwave went off at the exact moment there was a knock on the door. Avalon turned to Harry with wide eyes and squeaked, “He’s here.”

“And you’re ready,” Harry said reassuringly, “Damn it Avie, when was the last time you went on a date?”

Avalon blushed and grabbed her black pea coat, shrugging it on her shoulders. “Shut up,” she hissed, “Go get your soup.”

Another knock sounded on the door and Avalon cried, “Coming!” Harry watched as she rushed out of the room and sluggishly climbed out of bed to follow her. He hated Avalon’s bed. Just as much as he hated her fucking couch. He hated her bed because it kept her from sleeping in his bed curled up next to him where he could hold her all night.

He hated this entire fucking flat to be honest.

Avalon threw open the door and smiled when she saw Luke’s smile. He was dressed nicely in a white button up shirt and black blazer along with skinny black dress pants. Avalon wanted to cry. Then he smiled and she wanted to roughly make out with him against a wall.

This was going to be a wonderful night.

“Harry?”