° chapter seven °

°

seven

°

Avalon’s hair was not working for her and she was pissed. It was her first day of work and she’d decided on a simple black dress and nice nude heels when…her hair had decided to have another “fuck you” day.

In the end, her hairbrush was abandoned and the dark, royal purple locks were twisted into a bun on top of her head. She was halfway through applying makeup when there was a knock on her door.

“It’s unlocked!”

“Why is it unlocked? Do you understand how dangerous that is?” Harry asked, striding into her bathroom with a look of annoyance. He hadn’t had the best of morning considering his shower was having problems and he’d been forced to use bottled water when brushing his teeth.

“Is your water working?” he asked, completely cutting Avalon’s rambling off about why having an unlocked door was alright.

“What?”

“Is your shower working?”

“Yes…” Avalon watched as Harry started unbuttoning his shirt and slid his pants down his legs. “Harry!” she gasped, “What are you doing?!”

“My shower isn’t working!” he complained, now completely naked behind her before slipping behind the frosted glass door. “I’ll only be a minute!”

“You could have asked,” Avalon mumbled, trying her very hardest not to seem as flustered as she really was.

“Why is the only scent you have in here citrus mango?!” Harry cried.

“Hey you can get out if you aren’t happy with my choice in fragrance,” Avalon called back.

“S’fine,” she heard Harry grumble and smiled to herself as she applied the last touch of makeup.

“I have coffee going. Would you like some?” she asked over the running water, hearing a quick ‘yes’ before she skipped out to her kitchen. She wasn’t entirely nervous for her first day of work. She had Harry. She would be fine.

Moments later Harry came sauntering out of the bathroom, his curly hair shook out and still damp. He did a once over of Avalon in her adorable black dress and adjusted his shirt. “You look lovely.”

“You don’t look too bad yourself,” she mumbled without looking up from the coffee maker. Harry chuckled and sat down across from her.

“So I’ll drive you to work.”

Avalon finally looked up and cleared her throat, “Oh that’s not necessary. I –”