In the Sun We Will Find Our Passion

Patricia sat in the white room and waited for her time to take the light. Dennis was in the middle of another one of their abductions and she knew not to give him any problems. Hedwig sat next to her moving his legs back and forth at full swing. "And we'll listen to my CD player, and play with my dinosaurs, and excetera!" Patricia smiled at the boy's first time of using that word right. 

"Yes, Hedwig. I know."

He continued to ramble on about everything he wanted to do unaware that he was making Patricia sad. She remembered when Kevin was his age. She encouraged him to play with Hedwig or other children in his class, but he always hid in the shadows. It didn't help that his no good mother bullied him at home and when the school children started, Kevin isolated further into himself. That's when more personalities began appearing. Patricia remembered the days when it was just Dennis, Barry, and herself.

Patricia let go of that memory and turned her attention back to the group. Some personalities argued, some pleaded, others just gave up on talking. Barry was one of those. He tried to take the light many times. He tried pleading with Dennis and then escalated to yelling. Eventually he just gave up. "As long as Kevin remains safe, I'll stop." Those were his last words. Now he just sat in his chair. Patricia did feel bad for him, but he was against their cause.

"In the sun, we will find our passion-" Patricia was cut off by a furious Jade. 

"Oh, not this again!! I can't take that stupid mantra anymore!" Patricia stopped for a brief second before finishing what she was saying. "AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" Jade screamed, covering her ears. 

Hedwig laughed, but quickly shut up when Jade gave him a death glare. 

"Shut it, pipsqueak." She snapped at him. Patricia was about to say something when Dennis interrupted.

"He has them." Everyone looked over at the now filled seat where Dennis sat. He wore his usual dark color shirt and black pants, both pristine. 

"How many?" Hedwig asked.

 "Eight." Dennis replied. Some of the personalities gasped lightly while others just didn't react. 

"Are we still doing our part?" Patricia asked him. Dennis nodded, preparing himself for what was to come.

He didn't care about the people. They were impure in the Beast's eyes, so they had to be killed. He hated the mess. Their blood would get all over him when he wrote and the ally would be messy because they always are. He couldn't stand the dirtiness and always had a difficult time with this part of the killings. "Do you remember when Kevin was five and he cut himself with a kitchen knife while he was cooking?"

Dennis was confused at how Patricia jumped to this topic, but answered her. "Yes I do." She smiled to herself as she thought back to that day. 

"I was worried he would pass out from blood loss, Barry was worried that he would ruin his clothes, and you were worried about him making a mess." Barry gave a small smile as he remembered that day, but nobody saw him do so. 

"His mother was drinking in the other room. She would have beat him senseless if she saw the blood."

Patricia scoffed at the word 'mother'. "She was no mother to him. And she would have beat him regardless of what he did." Dennis agreed with her there. He hated Kevin's mother, but no one hated her more than Patricia. 

"I wrapped his hand in a paper towel while using his other hand to clean the counter." Dennis said, hoping to get to the point of this story. 

"And I kept pressure on his wound while you did that." Patricia said. Hedwig looked between the two, unsure what they were talking about. 

"What about me?" He lisped. "Where was I?"

Patricia smiled at the boy and gave his head a gentle rub. "You weren't around yet. It was just three of us at that time." Hedwig accepted this answer and went on listening to them. 

"He never liked using knifes again, do you remember that? He didn't like anything that hurt him." Dennis remembered how for the longest time Kevin hated using knifes. One of the personalities had to cut stuff for him and Dennis used to complain when it was crooked.

"I never knew that. I just thought he was being a pain." Jade said out of nowhere. Patricia smiled at her, forgiving the girl of her rudeness. 

"What brought this up?" Dennis asked. Before Patricia could answer, Hedwig jumped out of his seat. 

"It's time for Dennis to take the light!" He yelled. This must have meant that the Beast was done. He hadn't been the same since Casey left, but really changed after he got some unexpected news.

Patricia waited for her turn in the light as she let Hedwig ramble on and on about his hamsters. She knew she was hard on him, but she really did love him. He would never grow up and leave her and that's probably what she liked about him the most. He was so innocent and pure, like Kevin was. "It's your turn! Excetera!" He announced.

 Patricia took the light to find a bloody knife in her right hand.  She looked down at the blonde girl who's eyes would never close again. Parts of her were missing, indicating that the Beast already ate his chunk of her. She knelt down to the girl and moved the knife over her. 

"In the sun we will find our passion." Patricia began as she started carving into the lifeless girl.
Dennis, Patricia, Hedwig, and the Beast each got two impures to carve on. Dennis could barely stomach one mess, so he had to carve one word messy and almost ineligible. Patricia wrote her words as neat she she could in the space that she had. The Beast ate through most of the inpures stomachs and didn't leave them much room to write. 

After they finished writing, they all took their spot in the room with chairs while the Beast set the scene. "Why did you mention that memory?" Dennis asked Patricia. 

She looked up, confused for a moment. "What?" She said before she realizes what Dennis was talking about. 

"Of all the memories, why that one?"

Patricia shrugged. "I don't know. As weird as it sounds, that's one of our lighter memories with him." He agreed with her, they really didn't have any memories one would deem happy. But to the personalities, that was considered happy.

"I miss Kevin." Patricia told Dennis. 

He nodded. "I know."
A day later, Clark was called to an alley about six murders in the fashion of the Fear Monger. He looked up at the teenagers hanging from their necks by a noose. They had parts of their stomachs missing and words scratched on them under their breasts. He read the words and cursed under his breath. The words read:

The Broken Are The More Evolved