first.

I sat on my sofa, foot tapping impatiently. It was already 8:30. Jack was supposed to get me at 7. Sofia walked in, and she looked disappointed.

"Tell me he didn't stand you up.." she whispered.

"He has till 9.. I swear he has till 9." I said, anger in my voice and tears welding up. The seconds seemed to tick by as hours, and then 9 came. Some tears fell and I stood up, disappointed not only in him, but myself for falling for it.

"I know it was too good to be true.." I whispered.

"Oh Lina don't cry.." Sofia said, tears welding in her eyes. My phone then rang and I saw Johnson's name come on my screen.

"Yeah Johnson?" I asked.

"Lina come to the hospital." He said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's jack. He was on his way to get you- just come to the hospital okay. They aren't letting us back unless we're family or a girlfriend/wife. You're the closest thing and we need to know what's going on" he said. Terror ran through me.

"What hospital" I said.

"I'll text you the address." He said.

"Okay I'm on my way" I said. I hung up and Sofia gave me a confused look.

"Jack is in the hospital.." I said.

"Do you want me to go with you?" She asked.

"Could you drive me? You could get there faster than me." I said. She nodded and we made our way to the car. She drove insanely fast, without getting caught, leaving me at the entrance to the ER.

"Call me if anything!" She yelled.

"I will!" I replied walking inside. I saw all of the guys huddled up and I walked to the desk.

"Can I help you?" A polite older woman asked. I gave her a smile.

"Hi.. my brother just called me telling me my boyfriend was in an accident.. I need to know what happened.." I said.

"What's his name?" She asked.

"Jack gilinsky.." I said. She typed in his name and a few seconds later called over one of the younger nurses.

"Please escort ms...." she started

"Montgomery. Lina Montgomery " I said. She wrote it down and handed me a visitors pass.

"Ms. Montgomery to room 210." She said. The nurse nodded and I followed her.

"Who's here?" She asked.

"My boyfriend" I said. Even pretending he was my boyfriend felt weird.

"Oh he's YOUR boyfriend. Girl that's a fine piece of man you got there" she said. I got irritated immediately.

"Thank you?" I asked. She led me to his room and filled me in. His eyes were closed, and face cut up.

"He was hit on his side by a truck. The truck ate the red light. His left leg is broken, and a rib. Thankfully that's all. A few cuts and bruises. If he didn't have a seat belt on.. who knows. He fell asleep and should be waking soon. Buzz us if you need anything." She said. I nodded. She walked out and I looked at him. I used to fight with him all the time about the seatbelt. And he wore it, which is practically what saved his life. Jack was a heavy sleeper, so I knew he wasn't gonna hear me. I walked over to his bed and sat next to him. He had a cut on his lip, and a few scratches. I watched intently, just to make sure he was even breathing. I softly kissed his cheek, before pulling a seat up next to him. I softly grabbed his hand, lacing my fingers through his. I looked up at the tv, which was playing family guy. Exhaustion was taking over me, and I fought to stay awake, but eventually I knocked out.
-----
Jacks POV.
I woke up in my hospital room at about 11:45. I felt someone holding my hand. And when I looked over I saw Lina. She was scrunched up while laying her head on the metal part of the bed. Guilt struck me. It was my fault we weren't on our date. I slowly sat up and she jumped up immediately.

"Calm down" I said. She looked so tired.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. She rubbed her eyes.

"Johnson called me.." she said. I moved over slowly so she could sit on the bed. She sat next to me and sighed.

"Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"I'll be okay.." I said. She came to the hospital for me.. late.. and didn't leave my side.

---
Lina's POV
"I'm just mad I ruined our first date.." he said. I shook my head, placing a piece of gum in my mouth.

"I'm just glad you're alive jack.." I said. He nodded.

"Bet you're glad I bitched at you about the seatbelt huh." I teased. He smiled and nodded. I moved a little closer to him, and softly touched his face.

"I literally wanna kick your ass for getting in an accident." I said. He chuckled.

"When my rib heals you can" he said. He softly kissed the palm of my hand and I sighed.

"Gimme a kiss" he whispered. I leaned down and kissed him, he kissed back, taking my face in his hands. Every ounce of panic and fear I had for him, seemed to melt away.

"Woaaaaaaaaah" we heard Johnson say. I reluctantly pulled away and saw the guys behind us.

"Goodness. Our OTP finally together " he teased. I playfully rolled my eyes and sat next to jack, holding his hand.

"How did you guys..." I started.

"Nate flirted with enough people. We got you guys food" he said, handing us bags. They stayed, and talked, eventually all falling asleep around us. I fought to stay up. Not wanting jack to be alone.

"You look tired.." he said. I shook my head.

"I'm okay..." I yawned. He moved over more, and patted the spot next to him.

"No you'll be uncomfortable.." I said. He shook his head.

"Everything that's broken is on my left. This is my right.." he said. I knew I wasn't gonna win with him so I laid next to him. I laid my head on his chest and he let his arm sit on my waist.

"Some first date huh." He said. I laughed a little.

"It's us.. let's be honest something was bound to happen like this." I said. He laughed and sighed.

"I'll make it up to you." He said.

"Don't worry about it" I replied. I quickly sat up, giving him a quick kiss, reluctantly pulling away, and laying back down.

"Night." I whispered.

"Night." He replied

-----
Only they would have a shitty first date. But they're so cute! Remember to vote and
Comment!
-xhalegilinsky