Chapter 4

For the next few weeks Kali and her siblings would come and visit the puppies, it was such a joy to watch them grow up. Kali had named all of the puppies herself and among them all was her favorite pup Lucky. Lucky had lived up to his name due to the horseshoe shaped marks on his back. Today was the last day Kali and her family would visit the puppies, as they were leaving tomorrow to go back home to America. 

Kali and her siblings arrived at the Radcliffe residents that night and were greeted by the puppies. "Okay okay we're happy to see you too" Kali laughed, as she had a pile of puppies licking her face. 

"So glad you're here, we could use the help with dinner" said Nanny. Kali helped out by preparing dinner for the pups. Soon a stampede of puppies came racing into the kitchen, nearly knocking over the twins. 

"Wow Rolly sure eats a ton" said Brock while he watched the pudgy puppy, who was his favorite along with Patch. 

"Now we know why Kali named him Rolly" Ann giggled. 

Kali looked around the room and soon found Lucky. "How's my favorite lucky puppy" Kali smiled as she greeted the adventurous little pup. 

"I'm fine" Lucky replied. "Been going on any adventures lately?" Kali asked. 

"A whole lot of adventures with Rolly and Cadpig, we've been pretending to be like Thunderbolt" Lucky answered. 

"Speaking of which-" Kali said. 

After dinner the family went into the living room to watch the pup's favorite TV show "Thunderbolt". "Come on Thunderbolt!" the puppies chanted. 

"I must say Thunderbolt's pretty amazing" said Ann. 

"But not as good as Lassie, Balto, or Rin Tin Tin" Kali commented. 

"Thunderbolt's the greatest dog in the whole world" said Jewel. 

"He's even better than dad" added Patch. 

"No dog's better then dad" said Penny, who was clearly a Daddy's girl. 

"What's he going to do dad?" asked Freckles, who was sitting on top of Pongo's head. 

"Lets just wait and see" Pongo replied. The family continued watching the TV as the bad guy, Dirty Dawson was hiding from Thunderbolt. 

"That old Dirty Dawson, i'd like to tare his gizzard out" Patch growled while tugging on the rug. Patch was another one of Kali's favorite of the puppies along with Rolly and Cadpig. 

"Why Patch where'd you ever hear such talk? certainly not from your mother" Perdita said while she turned to Pongo, giving him a scolding look. Pongo smiled sheepishly. 

Lucky soon got up to the front of the TV, blocking the view for the rest of the pups. 

"Lucky get down, we can't see" the other puppies complained. "Kali make him get down" said Patch. 

"Come on Lucky, get down from the TV please" Kali told the little pup. Lucky listened to Kali, he seemed to really respond to her even though Kali wasn't his owner. Yet Kali felt like a second mother to Lucky.

While everyone continued watching the show, Kali couldn't get the strange thought of Cruella Devil out of her head. 

"Everything okay Kali?" asked a dim witted puppy with a black tail, who Kali named Dipstick. 

"Huh? Oh yeah sure" Kali snapped out of her thoughts. 

"It was Cruella again wasn't it?" whispered Brock, seeming to read his older sister's thoughts.