Chapter 3

Three weeks later Kali and her family were called over to the Radcliffe residents as Perdita was about to give birth. It was a stormy night in October. Kali and her family along with Roger and Pongo waited in the kitchen.  

It was quiet as the twins grew bored. Brock was hanging upside-down while Ann was humming and fidgeting with her fingers, and Kali was pacing back and forth. Pongo was also worried, he and Kali would come up to the door to listen what was going on. Nanny would come in time to time to get towels, but she didn't say anything. 

"Ugh it's been three hours" Brock complained. "This is taking forever" 

"Ugh, the miracle of birth sure is a snoozefest" Ann groaned. 

"Are you sure we shouldn't have called a vet?" Walter asked Roger. 

Kali could see Pongo was really nervous. "Its gonna be okay Pongo" Kali comforted the overwhelming dalmatian father. 

"The puppies are here!" Nanny nearly shouted, causing Pongo to jump in Roger's arms. 

"You're a father Pongo!" Kali cheered. 

"How many?" Jane asked. "Eight" Nanny answered. 

Everyone cheered while Pongo and Roger danced around the room. 

"Wait a minute thirteen, no no fourteen" Nanny came back into the room. 

"Wow Pongo what have you been doing?!" Kali asked. 

"Fifteen and the mother's doing fine" Nanny announced, as Pongo seemed drunk with happiness. 

"Wow Fifteen puppies, that's amazing" said Ann. "Congrats Pongo" added Walter. 

"Why Pongo you old rascal" said Roger. 

Just then Nanny came with a puppy rapped in a bundle. "Fourteen we lost one, oh the poor little thing" said Nanny, as she handed over the lifeless puppy to Roger. 

"Oh guys, it's just one of those things" Roger sighed. Kali then had a thought and so did Roger. 

"I wonder?" they both said. 

Roger started to rub the puppy trying to revive him but nothing happened. "Let me try" said Kali. Roger handed the puppy over to Kali, as she gently rubbed her fingers across the puppy's back, while Jane and the twins said a quick prayer. 

Suddenly everyone gasped in joy as the puppy started to move. "Look Pongo" said Roger. 

"Well I don't believe it" Walter smiled. "It's a miracle" added Jane. 

"Kali you saved him" said Roger, as they were all proud of her. 

"Let's call him Lucky" Kali suggested, as she looked down at the newborn puppy. 

"I think that's a perfect name for him" Pongo agreed, as he touched noses with his newborn son. 

"Hi there, Lucky" The Twins smiled as they looked down at him. 

"Anita, Nanny we still have fifteen" said Roger, while everyone cheered. 

"Oh Roger he's alright thank heavens" said Anita, as she came in with Nanny. 

"Kali saved him" The Twins added. "Can you imagine, fifteen puppies" said Anita. 

Just then everyone gasped as Cruella Devil appeared by the doorway. 

"Whats she doing here?!" Kali growled while she held Lucky close to her, protecting him. 

"Fifteen puppies how marvelous how perfectly-" Cruella said, as see came to take a look at Lucky but immediately backed away and gasped. "Oh the devil take it they're mongrels, no spots what a horrid little white rat!" Cruella said, as she was mocking Lucky even though he was just born. 

"They're not mongrels" Ann immediately protested. 

"They'll get their spots" Brock added while defending the puppies. 

"That's right Cruella, they'll have their spots in a few weeks" Anita informed her. 

"Oh well in that case i'll take them all, just name your price dear" said Cruella. 

"I'm afraid we can't give them up, poor Perdita she'd be heart broken" said Anita. 

"Anita don't be ridiculous you can't possibly afford to keep them, i'll pay you twice what they're worth, come now i'm being more the generous" Cruella urged. 

Kali, Pongo, and the rest of the family quickly grew upset with Cruella. 

"When can the puppies leave their mother, two weeks, three weeks?" Cruella asked. 

"We're not selling the puppies, not a single one" Roger spoke up, much to Cruella's surprise. 

"Anita is he serious I really don't no Roland, surely he must be joking" Cruella chuckled. 

"No I mean it, you're not getting one and that's final" Roger deliberately said. Kali, Pongo, and the twins firmly nodded in response. 

"Alright keep the little beast for all I care, do what you like with them drown them. And I warn you Anita we're through, i'm through with all of you. I'll get even, just wait you'll be sorry you foils, YOU IDIOTS!" Cruella yelled as she left in rage, while Pongo barked. 

"Oh Roger you were magnificent darling" Anita said as she hugged her husband. 

"Yeah you sure told off that witch" added Walter, patting Roger on the back. Everyone cheered. 

Pongo, Kali, and the twins ran down stairs to tell Perdita the news. 

"How you feeling Perdy?" Kali asked, as she came over to the new mother. 

"A little tried but it was worth it" Peridta smiled to her puppies. 

"Aw they're so cute!" The Twins squealed with joy, while looking at the puppies. 

"Perdy darling we're keeping the puppies all of them, my old pet Roger told that devil woman off she's gone for good" said Pongo. 

"Oh Pongo" Peridta sighed. Pongo smiled as he slept with his mate and new puppies, while Kali and the twins smiled. But Kali had a strange feeling that this wasn't the last time they'd see that devil witch.