Chapter 6

Chapter Six : Run Faster

Audrina's P.O.V

It was six am and my alarm when my alarm obnoxiously began beeping disturbing of my sleep. I was extremely corybantic when I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep in anymore past six am, except for two days during the weekend, but the thought of sleeping in two days out of seven still didn't satisfy me. I sleepily climbed out of bed and plugged in my straightener and began to go over each piece of hair. 

I was startled when I felt a forceful object smash against my back, thankfully it was just Payton throwing a pillow at me. 

"Go back to bed" she growled as I tossed the pillow back to her and continued to straighten my hair. 

"Not happening" I chime as she stuffed her face beneath the pillow and falls back asleep shortly after. 

I brushed some makeup onto my face keeping it subtle with a light pink lip and a bronze smokey eye. I began to rummage through my drawers in search for the perfect outfit when I realized it was almost eight and Payton was just crawling out of bed now. I didn't understand how some girls like her could get out of bed and look so naturally flawless. 

"School starts in like half an hour" I informed her as she shrugged and pulled a short white tulle skirt over her petite hips. 

"I don't take long to get ready" she says casually as I shrug and she pulled a light pink cami crop top over her head. She obviously could tell I was struggling to find a good first day of school outfit so she rummaged through my clothing and picked out a black and white striped crop top and  a neon pink pencil skirt that perfectly accentuated my curves. I thanked her for her fashion rescue and quickly changed into the outfit. She also let me wear a pair of her matte black stiletto heels, Payton really was my angel in disguise. 

Payton agreed to walk to Economics with me since we thankfully both had that class together. We arrived ten minutes early to class and we found two vacant seats together in the back of the lecture hall. A flood of students began to swarm into the room taking seats near us just as the bell began to ring. I didn't know why I was so nervous about my first day of actual class, I had been through this entire procedure before. A tall male with shimmering blue eyes took a seat next to me and my stomach began to flutter.

"Hello" he said warmly as he shot me a wide smile showcasing his pearly whites. 

"Hey" I said casually as Payton wiggled her eyebrows at me and laughed quietly. 

"Are you new to Centennial? I've never seen you around and believe me, I would have remembered a face like yours." The blond male compliments as I tuck a loose strand of hair behind my ear and lick my lips. 

"Yeah, yeah I am." I say casually as we're interrupted by our professors voice booming from the front of the room. His name was Mr. Filman and he seemed pretty easy going, the rest of the class went smoothly. Just as the bell dismissed us for class I got up and the blond boy got up as well trailing closely behind me as I exited the class, when I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder. 

"What's your name? I didn't quite catch it" he giggled as we walked out of class together. 

"I'm Audrina, what's yours?" 

"Niall, Niall Horan, it was lovely to meet you. Maybe I'll see you around?" 

"Yeah for sure" I chime as we split in opposite directions. The campus was so foreign to me and I had a bit of trouble finding the building my photography class was in but after a few minutes of circling around I found it just on time. 

The class was completely painted white and there were a few black tables scattered throughout the room. I was a bit intimidated by the fact I didn't know a single person in the class although I just perceived it as an opportunity to be more social. I sat down at a stool beside a girl with long indigo curly hair who had her arm wrapped around a jet black haired man with an incredible bone structure. He had a bit of stubble around his jawline and upper lip although it framed his face nicely. 

"Hey, I'm Rey it's nice to meet you" the girl piped as I thanked God for directing me to such a sweet girl. 

"I'm Audrina" I said as a quiet muffle cough escaped past her lips snapping the jet black haired boy out of his trance. 

"Babe, say hello" she muttered under her breath as the boy gave me a small nod, wow he was certainly unfriendly. 

"Hello class, we will be starting off with an introductory activi-" the professor said as he was interrupted by the sound of the classroom door opening. To my surprise Gatlin quickly scurried into the classroom keeping his head down shielding his face away from the fuming professor. He dragged a stool beside me as the professor stared him down with his beady black eyes. "Is there a reason why you're late?" The professor questioned as Gatlin squirmed uncomfortably in his seat.

"N-No sir" 

"Good, now I fully expect you to be early tomorrow, right?" The professor questioned as Gatlin nodded. "Anyways, you all can grab a camera out of the cabinet and just go outside and explore. Take pictures of whatever you want and leave the memory cards on my desk with sticky note on top with your name. Good luck." The entire class wandered over to the black cabinet located in the corner of the room and I grabbed a Canon off of the top shelf and darted out the door with Gatlin. I snapped a few pictures of couples holding hands around campus and a few of the sun. 

"This class is shit" Gatlin muttered as I laughed.

"I like it" I chimed as I snapped a few pictures of Gatlin bickering. 

"Hey guys" Rey chimed as her boyfriend followed behind her with his eyes drawn to the tiny camera screen. 

"Your boyfriend's awfully quiet" I say quietly only so Rey can hear. 

"Yeah, a little too quiet most of the time but that's my babe. Right Zayn?" Rey piped to her boyfriend but doesn't even remove his eyes from the camera screen, he just nods his head. 

Five minutes before the last bell rang the four of us made our way back into the classroom and did exactly as the professor instructed and left our memory cards on his table with our names on a sticky note attached to it. 

Gatlin offered to walk to me my next class which was running, he said I'd have to go to the change room and switch into my gym attire. From what I heard it was a split gender class which meant I'd have to run in front of boys, my cheeks flushed at the thought of me prancing around wearing my yoga shorts and crop tops. I thanked Gatlin when we arrived at the change room and I made my into a vacant stall and grabbed my short black yoga shorts out of my bag and slid them over my thighs. I then pulled on my white tank top that hung tightly to my skin and then stepped into my hot pink Nike's. I made my way out of the bathroom stall and nervously walked onto the track. There was a circle of buff men wearing running wear and all of their eyes followed me as I slowly walked onto the field. I was used to having most males attention on me but this, this was way too much. I kept my head held high and one hand on my hip and I strutted onto the field, obviously not minding the attention. 

"Hello boys" I chimed as the group of males jaws slung lowly, stunned. 

A familiar curly headed boy wearing black running shorts and a black Nike tank top and a  rad snapback stepped out from behind a buff male. He chuckled and smiled at me as he inched in closer towards me. 

"Hello" he said in a husky voice shooting me a cheeky mischivious grin.