Chapter 3

Chapter Three : Dip Dyed 

Audrina’s P.O.V

“Audrina needs to get her ass up so we can take her shopping” I hear Payton chime in a squeaky voice, disrupting me from my sleep. I was contemplating on whether or not I should open my eyes and tell them I’m awake but I decided against it when I hear my name once more.

“She’s gorgeous.” 

“Don’t you feel kind of weird? You know, looking at her while she’s sleeping?” They’re staring at me? What? 

“Oh shit.. Yeah right, I forgot” mutters Gatlin as he laughs once again. “Should we wake her up?”

“Yeah. Audrina?” Whispers Payton as she sits beside me on my bed and my eyes flutter open, thank God they decided to wake me up. I didn’t know how much longer I could lay in that bed listening to them converse without cracking a slight smile.

“Hey” I say groggily as I sit up on my bed and run my fingers through my knotty messy hair. It was strange to me how comfortable I felt around Gatlin and Payton already, I mean I only knew them for less then twenty four hours and I didn’t feel weird talking to them without any makeup or even brushing my hair. 

“We’re going to hit up the mall later and we want you to come.”

The mall sounded tempting, too tempting to turn down. Plus I needed some new clothing that would be considered somewhat fashionable down here and Payton and Gatlin seemed like quite the trend setters so I assumed they could possibly could give me some fashion advice? “Yeah sure” I squeak as Gatlin claps his hands cheerfully.  

“Okay, you go get ready and I’ll pick you out an outfit. I’m sure there’s at least something trendy for you to wear.” Gatlin bubbled as he began to rummage through my clothes, letting my clothes spill out of the drawers as I watched them tumble onto the white carpeted floor. 

“Sure thing” I chimed as I walked over to the desk in the corner of the room and plugged in my straightener and began to straighten my hair slowly. My hair was pretty much naturally straight, I was just a perfectionist when it came to my hair, it was like a bad habit. 

“You’ve got some nice clothes” complimented Payton as she grabbed a cropped floral bustier top out of the pool of clothing Gatlin was drowning in. 

“Thanks” I half smiled at the both of them and then continued to brush some makeup onto my face.

“Here,” she came over to me with a few articles of clothing hung over her arms. I grabbed the light pink floral print bustier top and and the white high waisted denim shorts out of her arms. “He’s gay” Payton giggled as I did a sigh of relief, she obviously could tell I was arguing with myself over whether or not I should change in front of them. I shrugged and got up out of the chair and slid the bustier top over my breasts and shimmied into my high waisted shorts. I glanced at Payton again as she rummaged through my shoes that were still unpacked in my suite case, I forgot to tell her how amazing her blond hair with hot pink dip dyed ends looked. It really suited her, I could never pull of such an extreme color unfortunately. I gazed at her as her brows furrowed as she searched through my suite case and finally pulled out a pair of light brown wedged buckled heels. 

“Thanks” I murmured as she tossed them over to me and I slid them on and began to buckle them up. “Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you how good your hair looks” I complimented as she smiled sweetly and thanked me. 

Gatlin drove us to the mall, I adored how wild and care free they were blaring loud house music down the freeway sticking their bodies out of the windows and sunroof. They reminded me a tiny bit of my friends back home, except they were a lot more carefree and their styles were exceptionally different. I gazed out the back seat window of Gatlin’s car, absorbing the beauty Toronto had to offer. The buildings towered over us and the streets buzzed loudly with the sounds of cars whizzing past us. I was a Californian girl by heart but I knew for a fact I’d have no trouble adjusting to my new home here, maybe it wasn’t as bad as I expected it to be.