Episode 10

If happy ever did exist,

I would still be holding you like this.

All those fairytales are full of shit,

One more fucking love song I'll be sick.

-- Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa, Payphone

Ten

He shot me a cute grin as his eyes flew down at my outstretched hand. A split second after, his hand connected with mine, though it was a crazily platonic touch. For a moment we just stood there with our hands linked together firmly when he grinned wider, albeit with something mysterious glinting in his eyes, and said, “Levi Colin.”

I drew my hand back, and returned his smile gradually. “So does this mean you’ll be nice from now on?”

At his simple smile and that knowing look etched in his eyes, I suddenly felt less secured, felt like he had an ulterior motive in this. But the way his next words were delivered tried its best to disprove my instinct. “Nicer would fit the situation more.”

“What do you mean?” I questioned, a bit perplexed.

“I meant I’ll be nicer from now on,” he explained, shrugging his shoulders.

I narrowed my eyes at him. “But what does that–”

He turned around and shuffled past the doors, making my sentence hang loosely in the air. I let out a little snort as I followed him into the hallway. In time, I got in stride with him, and though he flashed me a fleeting glance, he didn’t say anything.

Looking up at him, I demanded, “Aren’t you going to answer my question?”

Instead of replying, a hint of a smirk crossed his face and he sped up in his trail, leaving me behind by several steps. “Hey!” I hollered after him, speeding up to catch up to him. In a matter of seconds, I was treading in rhythm with him again when suddenly he stopped in front of a row of lockers. I halted as well, and waited for him to face me.

But instead he spun to his left and unfastened a locker. I turned sideways to face his back when all of a sudden I heard a bang of a locker door getting shut and next thing I knew, I was pushed against Levi’s chest, feeling only a slight ripple of his washboard abs through his shirt, his arms snared around my waist.

I quickly struggled against his hold, and in half a second, he let me go. Blushing furiously, I whirled to save myself from further embarrassment. Didn’t Levi know that hugging a girl he barely knew would make the subject blush?

“Is little princess blushing?” Levi cooed from behind me, his tone sly.

Totally over my embarrassment and instead vexed now, I faced him. “Didn’t you say you’d be nice from now on?”

He put his hands on his pockets and gave me a triumphant smile, his eyes glimmering with shrewdness. “Nope,” he popped, casually. “I said I’ll be nicer, not nice.”

I let out a groan, crossing my arms against my chest. “Will you please say something that makes sense?”

“Are we fighting right now?” he asked, after a moment’s silence.

“We’re arguing but–”

“We’re civilized?”

“Yes,” I said. “And we’re not shouting at each other. But I still don’t get–”

He brought his hand from his pocket and poked me on my forehead. “Think of it, little princess.”

And with that, he bristled past me and made a runway out of the hallway. Touching the place where he poked me, I allowed an incredulous grunt escape my diaphragm. Little princess? Not spoilt brat now, but little princess? Even though it wasn’t half as bad, he–