Episode 15

Yooo. Merry Christmas to all who celebrate! Have a rocking day! :D

This is, by far, my most favorite chapter, and I'm afraid you'll have to read till the very end to know why exactly 15 is my fave. It's going to get a lot more interesting from this point onwards, and I can assure you it'll be one hell of a ride.

Happy reading! ;)

Fifteen

When I thought that finally, at least I could feel a lot better now that I had been enlightened, I was wrong.

Tammi could be the reason to my enlightenment, but she was the reason for my confusion in the first place, which equalled trouble. And I was afraid that she would repeat the pattern.

Since, right now, what she was asking of me was absolutely way off the rocker.

“Please, Rachel? It’s really not a big deal,” said Tammi, a hopeful expression on her face – which didn’t really help my resolve of not giving in to her vain desires.

“Absolutely not,” I told her, curtly.

She pouted, thwarting her lips into what I’d like to call is utter seduction. “But it means the world to me! Can you not do it; can you not do something as trivial as what I’m asking you for your best friend who has never and will never leave you?”

Gosh, now she was using the guilt tactic. She was going to make me remember just how much of a good friend she was all this time when I didn’t give her anything in return especially since she didn’t ask for any, and now she was but I wasn’t anywhere near close of giving it to her. And I was going to fall for it. Damn, she knew my weakness.

“Is this really how much our friendship is worth?” Tammi asked me, her eyes glinting, marking the start of a tear fest. Popcorn, anyone? Tammi showed me the final trick – the puppy dog eyes. “Do you not value it at all, Rachel? Do I not value at all?”

Fine!” I yelped, my intestines spilling over Tammi’s face from across the table. “Fine, I’ll fucking do the stupid favour.”

“Yes!” She exclaimed so loudly, pumping her fist in the air as if she’d won a very intense chess competition.

I rolled my eyes. I knew the tear fest thing was a hoax. And I still fell for it. “Now what? Tell me, clearly, what I’m supposed to do there. Because I’d like to leave as soon as possible.”

She flashed me a scary, Cheshire cat grin–which, I was sure, would be my greatest downfall. “Here’s what everything will go down to.”

ΦΦΦ

I never thought puffy ball gowns were itchy, until the moment I wore it.

And the fact that I was standing in the backyard of the mansion of Colby Messer, the most popular jock in Jefferson High, which was currently booming with loud Katy Perry (why her out of all singers, I didn’t know) and reeking of booze – wasn’t helping me either.

And the sight of a couple just feet away from me shacking up, like seriously, there was a blanket all over them and they were moving back and forth, was only making me vomit more.

I wasn’t a fan of parties. And this? This was much worse.

Which was why I turned around to leave, but Tammi’s voice rang in my head.

Don’t you back out of this one, Rachel. Don’t you dare. Or else we’ll be in a big pile of shit, and we will fight big time.

Cringing, I turned around again, but the sight of the obviously sexual arousal-filled mansion made me cringe harder.