Chapter 20 (Edited)

Chapter 20

“I can't believe I'm married.”, I thought to myself. The ceremony was just what I dreamed of, it was romantic and beautiful. This smile hasn't left my face since I saw Casper standing at the altar. We were at the reception and everyone seemed to be having a great time. Guests were dancing and talking between one another. Casper and I were still sitting at the table, giving each other little pecks here and there.

“I love you.”, I said against his lips.

“I love you more.”, he said right before he smashed his lips against mine.

I was over the fact we were kissing so much, this was our day and we should be able to experience it the way we want. I was a little disappointed that my family and friends weren't here to celebrate with me, as far as they know I'm dead.

I couldn't help but let a tear fall down the side of my face. Being with Casper was what I wanted. The past is going to stay in the past, now I'm going to spend the rest of my life with the man I've grown to love with everything I am.

“Care to dance?”, Casper whispered in my ear.

“I'd love to.”

He stood up and held his hand out to me, and I placed my hand in his as he led us towards the dance floor. Casper held me tight and gently moved to the music which was “I Swear”, by Boys to Men. This would have to be another one of my favorite love songs. As the music played we continued to dance. “I don't ever want him to let me go.”, I thought to myself. It's like his arms were made just for me.

As the song came to an end, the DJ came over the speaker and announced that it was time for the father-daughter dance. I didn't think I'd get a chance to do that dance, but Lucas came over to dance with me.

“Shall we?”, he asked.

I just smiled and nodded my head yes. Once again I was back on the dance floor, this time slowly swaying to the song “Butterfly Kisses.” I always dreamed I'd dance to this song with my dad at my wedding, but that's not possible now. He thinks I'm dead, and I might as well be because I'll never see him again. I mean since I married the Prince of Vampires, there really isn't a way to have them in my life.

I could see Caper out of the corner of my eye. “How could I have fallen in love, with the most handsome man to walk this earth? Most importantly, why would he love plain old boring me?”, I wondered.

The song slowly came to an end, and Lucas bowed and kissed the top of my hand before leading me back to Casper. The reception had been going for nearly two hours, and finally the food was served. I have to admit it was the best I'd ever had, the meats were so tender and juicy.

I sat at the table watching Casper talk and dance with his family and friends. I was quite comfy just sitting there, and I slid my heels off to give my feet a break. I was getting a lot better at picking out the Vampires and humans, the Vampires seemed to have an elegance that the humans didn't. I was really shocked to see how many Vampires were actually dating humans, it's not as rare as I thought it would be.

It was starting to get late and all I could think about, was where we were going on our honeymoon. Casper wouldn't tell me anything, it was all a big surprise.

“How are you feeling?”, Brooke asked me.

“I'm fine, just a little tired.”, I replied.

“Did everything turn out the way you wanted it to?”, she asked.

“It was a dream come true.”, I said honestly.

Nothing was said for a few minutes, until she finally sat down.