Chapter 13 (Edited)

Chapter 13

I could hear Crystal talking in her sleep and I tried not to listen in. When I heard her scream out for me, I was in her room with a second. There was nobody there, and she was still sound asleep.

“Crystal wake up.”, I said.

She didn't respond so I softly shook her.

“It's just a dream, come one wake up.”, she still didn't wake up. So this time I shook her a little harder, hoping it would work.

“Crystal!”, I nearly shouted.

She started to stir and soon opened her eyes. She was panting fast like she was struggling to breathe. I grabbed her shoulders to try and help her calm down.

“You're okay now, your awake.”, I said.

“Oh my god he got me!”

“Who got you?”, I asked even though I knew what she was going to say.

“Jasper”, she whispered.

“He won't get you, I promise I won't let him hurt you.”, I said.

I would protect her at all costs, I wouldn't let my psychotic brother get near her. I'll go without sleep if I have to, I don't need it anyway it just passes the time. I will be glued to her day and night if I have to.

“He will! I know he will!”, she said sobbing.

“No he won't, I'll kill him before he ever gets the chance.”, I said as I pulled her trembling body into my arms.

She placed her head on my shoulder,and all I could think about, was how good it felt to have her in my arms like this. I started rubbing small circles on her back, and whispering in her ear that everything would be okay.

She cried for about another hour before drifting off to sleep. I softly and slowly laid her down on the bed, and sat in the chair by the window. I'll watch over her, I won't let him get near her.

“I will not lose my soul mate because of my crazy ass brother.”, I said to myself.

As the hours slowly passed, I thought of how I could possibly tell her that she's my soul mate. That we are destined to be together. No matter how hard I thought, I just couldn't figure out a way to tell her.

I admit this Vampire is scared of getting his heart broken again.

“Casper. Casper please find me.”, I heard Crystal whisper.

I walked over to the edge of the bed and sat down.

“Ssh I'm right here.”

I grabbed her hand and held it in mine, and I sat with my back against the headboard. I held her hand tightly so she knew I was still with her.

She hadn't said a word in the past three hours, and the sun would be rising soon. I knew she'd wake up shortly, she always seemed to be an early riser. I'd stood up and was walking towards the door when I heard her whisper, “I love you.”

I stood frozen on the spot, did she just say what I think she said? No she couldn't have, could she?

“No I really do love you Casper.”, she said out loud.

I turned to face the bed only to realize that she was still asleep.

Could it be true, does she really love me? Or is it just another dream? I couldn't help but ponder this as I left her room to go shower and get dressed.

I walked back into Crystal's room to find she was already up, and in the shower. I took my seat back in the chair by the window and waited patiently for her to finish. About thirty minutes later I heard the water turn off, and could hear every movement she made.