Chapter 17 (Edited)

Chapter 17

It's been just over a week since Casper found out Sapphire was helping Jasper. Casper's tried to talk to her a few times, but so far hasn't had any luck.

There's only six days until the wedding and I'm starting to get nervous. Casper asks me if I'm nervous all the time, but I tell him I'm not. I don't want him to think I'm going to back out because I do want to marry him, I'm just scared about everything else. Will I be made to change into a Vampire? Will Casper always love me? Will he get tired of me when I age and he doesn't?

I decided to walk around the palace gardens. It was nice outside today, the sun was shining. I realized that didn't happen often, especially over the last few weeks. It's usually raining, which it looks like it's getting ready to start.

Casper was going to try to talk to Sapphire again today, to try and figure out why she had done it. She hasn't been talkative lately, she mostly just stares at the wall. I didn't want to be there while she was being questioned, because I had been friends with her. I guess that just goes to show that you really never know someone as well as you think.

I was so lost in thought that I didn't realize someone was beside me, until I heard them clear their throat. I turned my head to my right and saw Jasper standing right next to me. I tried to scream but by the time I opened my mouth, Jasper's hand was already over it. He quickly picked me up and ran towards the wall that separated the palace from the forest. I tried to pry his hand off my mouth so I could scream, but I couldn't manage it. I also tried kicking and biting his hand, but I didn't have any luck considering how strong he is. He just kept resisting all my attempt to thwart him off, effectively leaving me helpless.

I closed my eyes and mentally screamed for Casper to come help me. I knew he wouldn't hear me, but I desperately wished that he could. I prayed someone would realize I was missing soon, at least then Casper would have a good idea of where to find me.

After was seemed like a considerable amount of time, Jasper decided to stop suddenly. We were still in the forest, although I couldn't tell you where.

“Finally, I have you all to myself.”, he whispered in my ear.

“DON'T TOUCH ME!”, I screamed.

“Now why would I listen to you? It would ruin the fun if I did that.”

“CASPER WILL KILL YOU!”, I screamed in his face.

“That's only if he finds you in time.”, he said.

“He will!”

I was so scared right now, and I knew Casper would look for me. I also knew that he'd kill Jasper for sure, given the chance.

“Please find me”, I thought.

Jasper grabbed my arm and pulled me further into the forest. He drug me to this cave that was built into the side of a cliff. I should have known he'd come after me again. I should have stayed in the palace, but why didn't the guards stop him?

“To answer your questions, the three guards that were on duty are dead. That's why they didn't inform my brother in time, or try to stop me.”, he said with a smug look.

“He will kill you!”, I shouted. I didn't have time to see it coming, before I knew it my face was stinging. It took my brain a minute to realize that Jasper had slapped me. I quickly put my hand where he hit me, it stung so much and was starting to swell.

“Don't touch me.”, I said in a strong tone. Deep down I knew that I shouldn't have said anything.

I went back to the time Casper had told me about his brother.