Chapter 11 (Edited)

Chapter 11

I watched as Casper got out of the car and all of a sudden tensed up. He walked across the driveway and toward the steps of the house.

“Who could it be?”, I wondered.

I saw someone step out of the car, his back was towards me but I had a feeling I knew who it was.

He was the same height as Casper and muscular with black hair. I began to panic! I was Jasper, it had to be! I couldn't help but wonder why he was here, and I started humming in case he could read my mind.

“Why are you here?”, I heard Casper ask.

“I came to see my only brother, is that a crime”, he asked.

“Yes it is, now what do you want?”, Casper asked him.

“Her.”, was his only reply.

“Over my dead body.”, Casper stated.

“That can be arranged.”, Jasper replied in a smug tone.

“PLEASE, PLEASE DON'T HURT HIM!”, I screamed from inside the car.

After that everything happened so fast, I could tell Casper and Jasper were fighting. I could just barely make out their shapes, they were so blurry. They were in the front yard and I was about to jump out of the car. Then I remembered the dream that I'd had about Jasper chasing me through the forest.

“CASPER!”, I screamed as they disappeared into the forest.

“I should be quiet.”, I thought to myself.

The fighting continued but the noise was fading, I couldn't stop myself from thinking the worst.

“Is Casper hurt? Is he dead? Did he kill his brother? If he is hurt, how do you treat an injured Vampire? All these questions kept running through in my head.

The crashing and banging had stopped, so being stupid I decided to get out of the car. I slowly opened the door and got out, I walked towards where I thought I heard them fighting. I looked all around but I couldn't see anything.

My heart started beating faster and I knew I shouldn't have walked towards the forest, but I did anyway.

“What the hell are you doing?,” I heard Casper ask from behind me.

I turned around to see that he looked disappointed, but at this point I didn't care.

“I was looking for you, thank god you're alive!”, I said and threw myself into his arms.

“Of course I'm alive.”, he said relaxing a little.

I looked him over, and saw that his clothes were torn, and he had a few deep cuts here and there but that was about it.

I realized that I was still wrapped in his arms, so I stepped back and started blushing. “Come on let's go get you cleaned up.”, I said.

“I'm fine, I'll be healed in a few hours.”, he said.

“No come on inside, and let me take a look at them.”, I said.

He finally gave in and followed me into the house. I walked straight into the downstairs bathroom and got the First Aid kit, then rushed back into the lounge room. Casper was sitting on the lounge, and looked up as I entered the room.

“Here let me clean up your cuts a little.”, I said.

“It's really okay, I'll heal.”, he said.

“It's not okay, the cuts could become severely infected.”, I told him.

He just started laughing at me, and I couldn't understand why. Was I wrong, don't Vampires get infections?