Chapter 20

"Where are we going?" Sab asked Jeric while she was looking for some CDs to play.

"Basta lang. Wag ka na kasi tanong ng tanong. Maghintay ka nalang hanggang sa makaabot tayo sa dapat natin abutan okay." He answered her with the most seryoso tone he has.

Fort couldn't be more happy knowing the fact na hindi tumangi si Sab na sumama sakanya early on a Sunday morning. He felt like he was the happiest guy in the world.

"But, i'm not sure if PJs are suitable for the place where you're taking me, mister."

"Don't worry, my princess. There's a bag at the back of your seat. It's your clothes. The ones I didn't throw away... You could change if you want." Jeric said while not leaving his eyes on the road. He sure didn't want anything to happen to him most especially to Isabelle.

Sab unbuckled herself and went to the back of the car. She also got the bag that Jeric was talking about under her seat infront. It was Jeric's gym bag.

When Sab opened it, she saw her shorts that was given to her by someone from Forever 21. It was a black high waist short and then a sweater which she thought Fort just bought yesterday or the other day at Cotton On. It had Mickey Mouse on the front as a print or design.

Sab went down and changed. She was making sure that Fort was not looking at her. And to tell you the truth Sab thought, he didn't even glance.

"Hey loser, slippers aren't appropriate for this outfit." Sab said while she leaned forward, both her arms are holded on each side of the chair.

Fort reached for something under the passenger seat trying his best not to lose sight of the road.

When he finally reached for the box he was trying to get a while ago, he immediately handed it over to Sab.

"What's this?" Asked Sab.

"Buksan mo nalang kaya. Kanina ka pa tanong ng tanong eh."

"Oh so gusto mo bababa nalang ako dito?!" Sab argued.

"No! Hindi naman sa ganun, eto naman si Sab oh."

"Eh mas mabuti nalang yung nagkakaitindihan tayo."

Jeric just smiled. He looked at Sab through the rearview mirror and saw her leaning back, thinking how she's gonna open the box.

When Sab finally opened the box, she was too shock to even say a word.

She got the shoes out from the box and lifted it up so Jeric could see them from the rearview mirror.

"Are you serious?!"

"Yup!" Jeric just smiled.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it! My very own pair of Doc Martens! You've got to be kidding me! Or maybe you're not cAUSE IT'S HERE OH MY GOSH I'M HAVING MIXED EMOTIONS I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY OR WHAT TO FEEL I MEAN LIKE THANK YOU JERIC I'VE BEEN WANTING THIS FOR AS LONG AS YOU CAN REMEMBER AND I REMEMBERED HOW I WAS CRYING TO YOU BECAUSE MOM WON'T BUY ME A PAIR OF THESE. THANK YOU!!"

Sab immediately wore it and was happy that it looked good on her. It was the classic red, Doc Martens which was 3 to 4 inches above her ankle.

She hugged Jeric so tight that he almost choke if Sab didn't let him go.

Sab transfered in front again, in the passenger seat. Buckled herself and just looked at Fort. "I know this pair of shoes is really expensive, and I don't know why you bought it but I thank you for being the best. For buying me this. I don't even know how to thank you."

"Just give this day to me."

"Oh you will have this day. I didn't even bother to bring my phone with me. I left it at home but you know, we could never go with my stomach empty. You know na nababaliw ako pag nagugutom.. Just saying"