Chapter 17

Sab's point of view

((Still the flashback))

Fort and I left the mall around 3 pm and went back to his dorm. We stayed there for a while until I've made up my mind wether to stay at Fort's or go home.

We watched The Lion King, since it was only us who were there. He's doormates left. I mean hindi naman sa hindi kami pwede manuod ng Lion King pero pagmagkasama kami, Disney yung pinapanuod naming DVDs eh. Kids at heart.

I glanced at Fort tapos binalik ko ulit ang attention ko sa TV. "Fort.. Was it true?" I asked.

He chewed a handful of popcorn and swallowed it first before he answered my question. "The what?"

I enhaled a deep breath, "you still love me?"

Fort stopped eating and paused the DVD and turned his attention to me. "I never stopped loving you. I just stopped showing it." Then he played the DVD again and continue eating.

"Can you take me home later?" I asked again

"Oo naman, anong oras?"

"I was wondering if I could treat you dinner tonight? As a thank you. For taking care of me since last night. Thank you. You never left me when I needed someone. You were always there."

He looked down and then looked at me. "Sure. Since it's long weekend.. I'm just gonna head off to my house after dinner and after i bring you home." He said then he smiled.

"Thank you." I said then I hugged him, a very tight one.

That night we had dinner at some fancy restaurant at Katipunan. We talked about stuff, but we never talked about how we were. Our relationship and so on. There was just that question he asked me that shocked me.

"If WE were given a chance to do it again, would you?" He asked, emphasizing the WE.

I didn't actually expected Fort to ask me if WE could ever be together again. We were fine talking about the school then i don't know.

"I don't know, Fort. I'm happy with Kiefer." I said then he sighed

Pagpasok ko sa bahay, i tried so hard magtago kay Mom. Baka kasi tanungin ako kung ano nangyari sakin. Di pa naman ako nakapagpaalam.

I went upstairs and I was already inside my room and was about to close the door when Kuya Earl called me.

"Sab!" He said

I slightly opened the door without looking at him, "yeah?"

"What happened to you last night? I was so worried that you didn't came back. Then Jeron texted me saying you were kidnapped by a friend and she took you to her house. I was just hoping you'd come back and tell me you were staying at your friend's house." He stopped talking and scratched his head. "Who was this friend anyway?" He asked while looking down at the floor then at my legs.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE THOSE?!" He asked while raising his voice.

Hinila ko siya papasok sa kwarto ko at sinarado ang pintuan. "Shh!!! Will you be quiet and try not raising your voice at me?!"

"Sorry." He said.

Lumakad ako papunta sa kama ko at humiga. I was on my right side while he was sitting behind my back.

"I have to tell you something, Kuya." I said.

"What is it?" He asked.

Umupo ako at sumandal sa head board ko. Nakapalibot ang mga kamay ko sa tuhod ko. "Last night.. I was the one who ran away."