thirty-five. bradley

i sat at the counter in the kitchen, books, pens, paper and notes scattered in front of me as i whined, burying my face into my hands with a sigh.

i was just wearing black underwear and one of brad's flannels over the top, left unbuttoned, as i couldn't be bothered to properly get dressed, and i was warm and comfy anyway.

the front door opened and my eyes flickered up, seeing brad, before they returned back to the work in front of me.

"hi, darling." brad smiled, a light chuckle escaping his lips as he came over and wrapped his arms around my waist from behind.

"hey." i mumbled.

"are you okay, princess?" he asked, because of me not giggling or being enthusiastic like i normally would.

"yeah." i nodded, and he pressed a kiss to my cheek, unconvinced.

i continued to write and brad sighed due to the lack of attention he was receiving from me.

"come shower with me." he invited, trying to pull me up but i tugged my arm back.

"i'm trying to study, i don't want to fucking fail, because some of us actually need an education." i snapped, regretting the unintentional venom in my voice immediately, as he let go of me, mumbling a hurt apology.

"i'm sorry." i sighed, putting my pen down and turning to face him properly. "i didn't mean to snap, brad, i'm just tired and i need to revise more."

"you've been revising so hard for ages." he spoke softly, entwining our fingers.

"i know, i'm sorry."

"don't be." he offered a small smile, "just, let me take you out for dinner. you need and deserve a break."

"tonight?"

he nodded.

"no, i--" i didn't bother finishing, as he'd ran upstairs.

a minute later, brad returned with clothes in his arms, "i'm taking you out." he persisted with a smirk and tried to get me up, but i wouldn't budge, giggling a little.

"fine, i'll just have to dress you sitting down." he spoke and i whined as he took the flannel off my shoulders, leaving me just in my underwear.

he slipped a plain white, cropped t-shirt over my head, before putting the flannel back on me.

"how am i gonna put jeans on you?" he chuckled and i slowly stood up, allowing him to tug them up my legs.

"come on." he giggled, grabbing my hand and leading me to the front door.

i picked up my phone on the way and pulled on a pair of superstars, before following brad into his car.