twenty-six. connor

a.n. sorry buT connor would be such a good dad i'm screaming

i walked into the headmaster's office about 20 minutes before my daughter, y/d/n, finished school, being greeted with a smile and handshake.

i turned around as i heard crying and the door open behind me, before an exclamation of, "mummy." and an apology from a teacher for interrupting.

"oh, miss wells, you may like to stay for this." the headmaster said, and i extended my arms to y/d/n, her running to me and hugging me.

"hi, baby." i said and brought her onto my lap as she cuddled into me, her tears not falling anymore.

"i'm sorry, can i just talk to y/d/n for a moment--alone, please?" i asked.

the headmaster nodded and i stood, y/d/n still in my arms, and walked out, sitting on a chair with her on my lap.

"baby, that's the teacher, right?"

she nodded, sniffling, and i kissed the top of her head, "did she upset you again today?"

y/d/n nodded again, mumbling, "yes."

"what did she do, baby?"

"she shouted at me and was really mean, but she didn't do that to other people who were talking, and i only said one thing!!" y/d/n whined.

i saw connor walk in and notice y/d/n and i, subsequently walking over to us.

"hey." i smiled, "i didn't know you were coming."

"well, i knew the two of you were here and i thought why not come and see my two favourite lovely ladies." connor smiled, causing y/d/n and i to.

"miss wells has upset her again." isaid, motioning to y/d/n and connor nodded. "i've just been talking to the headmaster. can you look after y/d/n while i go and talk to him, again?"

"yeah, of course, princess." connor said to me, picking up y/d/n.

"but mummy," y/d/n whined, "i want to stay with you."

"baby, it's just for a little bit, yeah? just stay with daddy while i talk to the teachers, then we'll all be happy, and can have lots of cuddles tonight, okay?"

"okay." she said, smiling.

"i love you." i said to the both of them, pecking connor's lips and kissing y/d/n's forehead.

i lay down on my back, only in an oversized tee-shirt of connor's, and pants, y/d/n lying on my front.

my arms were around y/d/n's back and connor lay next to us, laying on his side, an arm over y/d/n's back, his fingers laced with mine.

y/d/n was asleep within a few minutes, and connor kneeled up, kissing me softly.

i moved a hand up to cup his cheek, kissing him back for a bit, until he pulled away a minute later.