Chapter 6

Cassie looked at the wooden cross jabbed into ground in front of her and bowed her head. She quickly sighed and walked off; knowing that people dying was a regular routine. Not worth crying over.

She gave Jeff a small sign as he waved for the vans to start. She quickly jumped into the van and froze as she saw Justin sitting inside, having what seemed to be a glare off with Harry. "Why are you here?" Cassie mumbled and sat down next to her, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"Maybe you forgot, I'm always here. Even if there is an undead in the same place...." He stated and looked over at Harry again. Harry coughed lightly and gave Cassie a slight look while she glared at Justin.

"How are you holding up?" She whispered to Harry. "Could be better." He mumbled and leaned his head on hers. Cassie sighed and watched as Justin played with his gun across. "Are you planning on using it? If you're not then put it away. It's annoying." She snapped. He looked up but didn't say anything. "He's taking precautions. Just leave him." Harry murmured.

After what seemed like minutes, Cassie felt the van stop. She quickly looked up and left Harry sound asleep while Justin quietly opened the door. She jumped out and looked across where Jeff and Nina stood, looking out into distance. "What is it?" Cassie asked as they walked over.

"Gas station. Not far away. We should check it out. We're running low on gas." Jeff told her. She nodded; " On my way." She stated and reached for her gun. She felt a hand on her shoulder, "Er, you're not going alone. Think I'm going to let you be the hero?" She smirked and turned back to look at Justin. She rolled her eyes, "Whatever."

They walked the small distance, looking around cautiously for anything that might be harm. Justin walked over to the petrol containers; seeing if there was anything worth taking. Cassie walked further along into the small shop, hoping to find something different. It was just a feeling.

She turned and pointed her gun around, seeing nothing there. She heard a small sound and quickly looked around, seeing a door slightly open. She took cautious steps towards the door, being ready for anything. Then, she quickly grabbed the handle and pulled it open.

She quickly put away the need to barf and covered her mouth as a massive group of flies came out. She waved a few of them off and looked forward at the rotten bodies in the corner. Then, right in the middle she saw an open book. Without any other thoughts she grabbed it and ran out.

She smacked into something and screamed, dropping the book in the process. She frowned as she looked up and saw Justin laughing. "Not funny." She grumbled. "No. This is hilarious." He corrected and turned back ready to walk out when they heard a groan.

Cassie quickly turned back just to be tackled. She felt her gun drop out of her hand as the creature tackled her, heading for the visible bit of flesh on her shoulder. She heard gunshots and sighed in relief as she threw the creature off.

She looked up at Justin who had a smug look on his face and offered her his hand. She smacked it away and got up, picking up her gun and putting it in her pocket in the process. "You're no fun." Justin stated as she walked up to the book. She turned back, "Because I find you an arrogant dick?"

He rolled his eyes, "You like dicks." "Not arrogant ones. I like bad boys." She stated and stuck her tongue out. He took a few steps closer, the annoying smirk still on his face, "I am bad." He almost purred. "Bad at shooting, yeah. How many tries does it take you to shoot in the head?" "Don't change the subject."

"What subject?" She furrowed her eyebrows. "About you liking me." He shrugged. She rolled her eyes and stomped her foot, "Get it into your head! I. Don't. Like. You!" She told him. "You so do." He mumbled. "Prove it." He added. "How am I supposed to-" She was cut off when he smashed his lips to hers.

She dropped the book and closed her eyes, eagerly kissing back. Sure, he wasn't her favourite person but he was a good kisser. She ran her hand through his tousled hair and pulled on it harshly, making him groan and pull away. She looked up at him as she tried regaining her breath.

The smirk lit up his face again as she rolled her eyes. "Boo hoo. You took me by surprise." She stated and picked up the book while heading for the door. She felt him grab her wrist and turn her around. "Really, now?" He questioned.

She put the book into her backpack and straightened up, crossing her arms over her chest and nodding. "You wouldn't have kissed back." He stated. "Why is it so important to you?! Why do you care?!" She exclaimed. He took a few more steps forward, making her back away until her back hit the wall.

"I just do." He answered simply. "Why? Is it that bad? Are you that desperate? To try to hook up with me? I thought Maya was enough...." She trailed off. He cocked his head lightly and furrowed his eyebrows, then smirked. "You're jealous." He sang out.

"You take everything too personally. Go and bother Maya for a good fuck." She said and tried to walk off but her put his arms against the wall, trapping her. He sighed, "You're much better than Maya." "Fucked her already? Well, you work fast." She chuckled.

"I'm not kidding, Cassie. I kind of do like you." He stated. She shook her head and sighed, "You don't.... Why would you start now when you-" She stopped suddenly and smirked," You're jealous. Of me and Harry."

He rolled his eyes and shrugged, "So what? I'm a guy, you're a pretty girl. Do the math." He stated. She smiled lightly; she loved that he was so straightforward. She didn't even know what she was doing anymore because she leaned up and quickly connected their lips.

She felt his arms wrap around her waist and pulled her closer and his tongue trailed over her bottom lip,- asking for entrance. She gladly opened her mouth as they returned to their vicious make out.

He pulled away first and looked at her, "You need to make up your mind." He smirked. She shook her head lightly and gulped, ducking under his arm and walking back to the vans. Now.... How about the book....

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

She lightly looked over the dirty brown covers and blew some of the dust off. She spotted a few red dots at the corner- assuming it was blood.

She quickly opened it and scanned over the pages. It was full of radio times with descriptions. Full of dates. Full of information.

Then she flipped to the middle of the book and gazed at the writing.

Where there is no disease....

She looked at the map and the massive circle around Alaska. She nodded to herself and closed the book, putting it safely into her bag.

She finally had hope.

(A/N I hope you guys liked it :) And yeah...I recently rewatched all of the Resident Evil movies so if there is something similar (or same) blame my stupid fantasy haha!!

xoxo

-Anna)