Chapter 1

After a few peaceful yet dreadful hours, twilight finally came. This is where everything started. A grunt started it all as they all trudged down the dark alleys; looking for something that would satisfy their hunger. But it was all gone. Nothing would satisfy them; because what did, was extinct. Humans. Human flesh.

The rotting stench rose high in the air, able to choke anybody with a good sense of smell. Even the stray dogs were immune to it; even they didn't have any humanity left in them. To think, one tiny experiment could have caused a worldwide apocalypse.

They all turned one way as they smelt the aroma of human blood waft through the air. If they could, they would have ran after it. The small group headed right for the alley; right for the trap.

She looked up, making her champagne blonde hair flick to the side as she puffed on the fringe. She smirked to herself and flicked the small cigarette out of her fingers, looking fully forwards at the incoming enemies. She looked to the side with a smirk on her face, where she now saw her partner in crime; Harry. She nodded lightly and reached back, grabbing the pair of guns and reloading as the rotting bodies came a few feet away from them. "Let's dance."

She leaped forward, jumping up and high kicking one of them in the head; making him back away in pain. Yet the hunger came back for more. She smirked and brought her gun up, aiming straight at its head. Bang. A head shot never failed to kill one. She looked up again, facing another crowd of them. She flipped right into the middle; kicking away two of them while she swiftly shot the other 3.

She turned back to come face to ugly face with one of them. Without a second though; she punched him in the face and then kicked- head shot. She looked back at Harry who was clearly amused with himself while killing another one.

Suddenly, a pair of arms wrapped tightly around her shoulders and she felt the stench of his breath on her shoulder. She flipped him forwards; stomping a foot on his chest and shooting. Just another kill. She looked around and then at Harry, proudly grinning to herself at how they cleared it easily. She chuckled to herself, "Still got it." She mumbled and hid her gun back in her gun pocket.

Harry chuckled at her statement and wrapped his arm around her shoulder protectively. 'Let's look around for some food and head back." He stated. She nodded and followed him out of the alley.

The way down the middle of the street was easy. Nothing could come close enough to hurt you in the amount of time that it took to take a gun out. Harry kicked out the glass window, making glass shatter all around the floor as they stepped over the rim and looked in the shop. Cassie sighed and came over to the cash machine; empty. She looked across to where Harry was, lurking around the shelves.

She leaned down and checked under; making sure to check every inch. "Cassie!" She shot up and turned around, coming face to face with it. It's eyes grey and bloodshot; already lost of any humanity there could have been left. Then, there was a bang. She let out a breath of relief as it collapsed to the ground and she looked back at Harry who nodded once and put his gun away.

"Still think you got it?" He chuckled and pushed everything off another shelf, looking through all the drawers. She mocked him in a weird voice and came around the corner, looking for more. This time, she had her gun at the ready. She grinned as she found her target, "Yo! Harry! Over here!" She yelled out. In the next second Harry stepped into the room, his face lighting up as he saw the vending machines. "We're eating good tonight."

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

"For Cassie and Harry!" "Woop! Woop!" "Get in there!" Cassie chuckled at the comments from her friends and looked around the camp-fire, finishing her pocket of crisps. "There you go, miss. You deserve it." Harry stated as he sat down next to her and passed her a packet of cookies. She looked down at them and smiled to him lightly, "Do you.... Do you think there is anybody else out there?" She whispered.