(Book 2) Chapter 5

Pain stroke through her lower back as she tried moving. She gritted her teeth and whimpered in pain as she tried sitting up. “That bitch shot me…” She mumbled and sat up, opening her eyes and letting all the light come through as she looked around. “Really? What is it with you people and cages?!” She exclaimed. She sat in the middle of the room, in a small glass room- almost cage- as scientists rushed around outside her prison.

She looked around and spotted a familiar face.” Wexler.” She growled as she got up and stood by the glass, staring right back at him. Doctor Wexler nodded slightly and came forward,” Good. You’re awake. I thought you died. That would have been unfortunate-of course, Harry was hoping for that. That kid will do anything to prove his point.”

Cassie looked down at her clothes and sharply looked up at him,” Which one of you perverts changed me?!” She exclaimed. Wexler chuckled,” That would be him.” He pointed to the side of the room. She followed his finger, spotting Justin. She bit her lip- shirtless Justin. Sitting in one of those testing chairs. That just ruined it.

“Dude! You can’t do that! He can’t see me almost naked!  We haven’t gone that far yet!” She scolded Wexler, a slight smirk playing on her lips. She turned to look at Justin. She put up two fingers to her mouth and loudly wolf whistled,”Hey sexy!” She exclaimed. “I’m really trying to work out what your plan is….Do you even have one?” Wexler spoke up. Cassie shrugged,”Yeah. When I get out of here you’re dead.” She smiled innocently and plopped down on the ground, sitting down with her knees under her chin.

She slowly looked around the lab, looking for what she originally came from. “I know what her plan is.” Her head shot up at his voice as she quickly stood up and rushed to the glass window. “You little bitch.” She spat at Harry. He shrugged slightly and turned to Wexler,” She doesn’t give up in fights. This was her plan. She wants to be here. To find something.” Harry told him then turned to give Justin a slight look and turned to Cassie,”Am I right, Cass?” He added.

“Don’t call me that.” She growled. He rolled his eyes and turned to Wexler,” So be careful. As much as I did you a favour today, next time- he won’t have trouble killing her.” You’re wrong, Cassie thought. She could see the humanity in Justin; she could see there was hope. Harry gave her a nod and turned on his heel, walking towards Justin.

“Look, I saved your ass today. Because I will not be proven wrong. You’re stronger then him and you’ll win.” Wexler ordered. “You can’t tell me what to do. I’m not going to fight him,” She replied calmly. “Fine! But he will kill you! Whatever dreams you think you have of him being normal- drop them. He’s not himself. He’s a killing machine that takes orders.” He explained.

“No.” She replied simply.” Whatever.” He muttered. He turned around as Harry and Justin approached him- this time, with a shirt on. “Alright. We’re gonna do this differently. If she doesn’t want to fight, I’ll make her fight.” Harry muttered and smirked to Cassie while he turned to Justin. “South outside of city is their camp. I want you to go there and-“He was cut off as Cassie whimpered,” Don’t involve others into this.” She whispered. Harry smirked,”-and kill everything that moves.” He ordered.

Justin nodded slightly and his eyes averted to Cassie for just a second. Cassie gritted her teeth and banged her fist on the glass wall. They all took a step back except for Justin who stood his ground. “If you touch my sister, Justin, I won’t hold back. I’ll kill all of you.” She almost growled. Justin turned back to Harry,” Make sure the little one gets more torture.” Harry added.

Cassie banged her fist on the wall again and quickly looked around the room. She smirked to herself as she spotted the guns lying on the table to the side. Her guns. Wexler spotted her sight and quickly moved away with a smirk on his face as he backed out of the room. Sneaky bitch.

“Confirm the order….sir.” Justin’s raspy voice spoke out and she watched as he almost spat out the last word. He didn’t want to do this.” Confirmed.” Harry spoke and turned to Cassie. Justin gave Cassie one more look before turning away and walking away.

Cassie chuckled to herself,” What are you laughing about?” Harry spoke out. She started laughing again,” You really underestimate me.” She stated and backed out a bit. Then, she ran across the small room and jumped up, kicking into the glass window with enough force to smash it. Harry backed away as she smashed the window. “That’s for everything.” She spat and without another thought punched him right in the nose.

“What?! Security!” She looked around the room and quickly got and raced to the table with the guns. She picked up the two and her whole belt as she looked up and spotted guards surrounding her. Without another thought she started shooting and dodging while heading to one of the doors. “What are you staring at?! Get her!” Harry’s yell sounded as she looked up at Justin across the room.

This time, a smirk on his face,” Confirm the order, sir.” He spoke. “Yes! Just get her!” She quickly averted her eyes to Justin who reloaded his gun and looked at her. Oh uh, shit’s about to go down. Cassie bit her lip and quickly raced through the door. She ran down the hallway, just hoping she could run as fast as he could.

She turned a few corners, hoping to loose him. She turned another corner and ran straight into a door. She looked around at the empty science room. She looked around closely, hoping to find what she was here for all along. She looked forward at the screen and furrowed her eyebrow. The screen showed some kind of a camera, it turned a corner down the hallway now. The hallway she ran a few seconds ago.

She quickly looked down at all the buttons and a big folder next to them. Project Nemesis. Justin. She looked around at the buttons again. This was the control room. They could see everything he saw. She quickly skimmed across the buttons, finding one that said ‘Shut Down’. She bit her lip and opened the folder. She skim read through all the information and looked across the room.

That’s where she saw it. A small vial with green liquid in it. She was sure this was it. This would save Justin.

She couldn’t risk it. She had to know everything. And as wrong as it sounded Doctor Wexler would be the only one to help her. He wanted her to prove she was better.

Before she could act, the door burst open and there stood Justin. She stared at him while biting her lip. He looked around the room slowly; spotting every detail then averted his gaze to her. He pressed the little button on his Bluetooth and opened his mouth to say something but stopped himself. He closed his eyes tightly and bit his lip,” She’s not in the building, sir. Must have escape through one of the hatches.” With that, he backed out of the room, but not before giving her one last look.

He just saved her, from himself.