Chapter 14 - A Routine Check Up

Wowza! Sorry for the long wait! Well, it's time to address some things you guys have brought up about Lauren...... Read on! ;D

Chapter 14 - A Routine Check Up

~*~

After the issue with Ben I remembered I had a doctors appointment. I should reiterate, my mother showed up at my house the next day ready to babysit the twins for an hour or so (I might do some grocery shopping after.).

I was currently saying good bye to the twins. I kissed each on the head and headed out the door, purse and keys in hand. The drive to the doctors office was quick, taking only about 10 minutes. I pulled into the crowded office parking lot. My doctors office was in a tall building with many other practices inside. I went down lane after lane looking for a spot until I finally saw a person backing out of their spot. I headed towards them, only to release somebody had the same idea I did. They stole the spot. Jerks.

After cruising throughout the lot for another couple minutes I spotted another person backing out and quickly took that spot before anyone else could. I speed walked to the office doors, not wanting to be late for my appointment. I headed in and called the elevator.

I shifted my weight back and forth waiting for the elavator. When it finally arrived, I was so happy I could have jumped for joy. I got in, pressed button two and waited as the elavator took me up. I was practically jogging by the time I finally reached my doctors office doors. I came through the doors, flushed and praying they hadn't called my name yet.

"Has Lauren arrived yet? She's supposed to be here by now." I heard the light airy voice ask. I smiled at my doctor.

"Present!" I said, sticking my hand up as if I was still in grade school. My doctor turned and smiled brightly at me.

"Hello Lauren, if you'll follow me we'll get started." I followed as asked. We headed down a long white corridor and stopped at the third door on the right. My doctor held the door open for me and I went inside first. As soon as the door shut, my doctor through herself at me.

"Lauren! I've missed you so much. Ever since the whole Ben thing we've drifted apart! Just because my mate is Ben's Beta doesn't mean you can't talk to me!" She told me, slapping me on the arm playfully.

"Jamie, of course I know that but the twins keep me so busy." I said. Yes, she knew they were Ben's children. Besides my mother and her, well there is Ben, and Ben's mother. Ah crap. Everybody probably knows by now.

Most werewolves only went to doctors office's where other were's worked. Easier and safer for everybody. The door opened again, shocking me. Jamie stepped back and watched as a man who looked no older than 20 came in.

"Dr. Wattson?" He asked, pushing his glasses up his nose. He had wire rimmed glasses, that framed his green eyes, making them look more googly then necessary.

"Yes Charles?" She asked formally.

"Annie at the front desk says she has an urgent message for you. I can take over for you until you get back." He said, and turned to me.

He began rattling of credentials and other stuff but I looked to Jamie.

'Human?' I mouthed to her. She nodded.

'Trainee.' She mouthed back. Oh I see.

'I'll be back.' She mouthed again. This time I nodded.

"Ok, so I'm just going to take some blood. I promise it will just pinch a little." He told me. I didn't need to be soothed, I was fine with needles. He took the blood and smiled at me.

"Ok, I'll be right back Ms...." He flipped through a page on the clipboard to his left.

"Just call me Lauren." I told him quickly. He nodded and headed out into the hallway.

About 7 minutes later he came back into the room.

"Ok, so here are the results, everything looks fine...." He let the sentence die off. His eyes widened and he stood quickly.

"What? What?!" I asked.

"I have to check with Dr. Wattson but if I'm correct... Be right back." He said and headed out the door again. Dang doctors, wait a half an hour to be able to see one and they're only with you for 10 minutes. In my case, less than that. Jamie came through the door not a minute later.

"Have you been having sex with anyone lately?" Jamie asked. I laughed nervously.

"Kind of a personal question, don't you think doctor?" I asked, reminding her that she was my friend, but she was my doctor.

"I'm asking not as your doctor, well partly as your doctor but more as a friend. Have you?" She asked meeting my eyes.

"Holy crap. I have an STD don't I, oh my god that is so nasty-" She cut me off.

"You don't have an STD." She told me seriously. I took a deep breath. Oh thank god!

"You're pregnant." She told me seriously. I laughed nervously.

"Ok Jamie, you are so not funny! I don't take that as a joke! For a second there I thought you were serious!" I said. She searched my eyes.

"Lauren, is the baby Ben's?" She asked me.

"Wait, wait. Hold up! Your not joking? I'm seriously pregnant? No, no! I can't be!" I exclaimed.

"Lauren! Listen to me. I'm asking you, my alpha female. Is. This. Baby. Ben's? You do realize what will happen if it isn't right?" She told me.

"Don't even go there! He thought the twins weren't his either-" I began but she cut me off.

"And didn't it surprise you that he didn't go and hunt the guy down to kill him? He should have. The Alpha wolf in him would demand he take the guy out." She told me.

"So your saying that, deep down his wolf knew and accepted them?" I asked. Pregnant? Pregnant. Oh sweet Jesus. I am in so much deep water. Pregnant. Oh my gosh.... three kids. All under a year old. Me, a single mom of three. I can't do it, I can't!

"I would assume so." She told me. I just shook my head. How could I handle this? Well, it was simple. I couldn't. I could never, ever ever give my child up for adoption... or heaven forbid get an... abortion.

"Lauren! Is it his?" She demanded of me. I just nodded my head. She bowed her head. I heard her mumbling but I only caught the words 'oh', 'thank' and 'god'.

"Ok, well you know how this works. But here are some basic pamphlets." She told me, handing me said pamphlets. She kept talking but I sort of tuned her out. Pregnant. Again.

~*~

Ok so that was extremely short but I felt I should give you guys something! I'm thinking another week and a half before another update because I have A LOT of homework to do! :S

It's funny actually, my english teacher practically had to force me to write a short story for class but here I am writing a novel on here! If only she knew... she'd be so proud! :')

Vote? :) P.S. Thanks for all the votes on the last chapter! That was great!