Chapter 10 - Not Over You

Who went to go see the Lorax? I did! Amazing! :) 
Anyway, sorry for the long wait for this chapter, I tried to make it very long as an apology.
Thanks to NotDoingHomework and lilly-rain for taking the time to suggest (very kindly I might add) a way to improve my writing. Thanks for taking the time to give me an example too, this one goes out to you guys! (Let me know how I did maybe.) ;) 

Chapter 10 - Not Over You

Ben. Aidan. Ben. Aidan. Ben. Aidan. Ben! Aidan! BEN! AIDAN! Two men, one choice. Honestly, mates should be together. However, Ben had denied me... Not officially, but when you leave your mate for this long, that definitely makes a statement, dont you think? But, Aidan, sweet Aidan. He had cared from day one, and I had to go and mess it all up. Plus, he had a mate out there somewhere.

I currently sat at my desk, I had just put the twins down for a nap. I was typing out something for my boss. Apparently he was planning a party soon and these were the invites. Ding dong! I hear the doorbell chime from downstairs. I take my time heading down the stairs. Heading to the window, I look out.

No one's there. Huh. Stupid kids always playing 'nicky nicky nine doors'. I open the door ready to come flying down the driveway and hunt the little buggers down. In my haste, I stepped on a folded piece of paper. Looking down, I read it. 'People say I love you and don't mean it. I always have meant it, and always will.' Well, crap.

Normally I'd think 'Ben, god just leave me alone.' but, hey! Aidan thinks I'm his mate! So, he must love me too, right? God, I just don't know what to do anymore.  The author hadn't signed the note so I could only guess who it was for now.

*****

I jerked up in bed. I stood up quickly. Woah! Feeling dizzy, I tipped forward a little bit. Re-gaining my balance I looked over at the clock. 2 am? What? Why am I up? My stomach made a gurgling sound. Uh oh. Quickly I put up a hand to cover my mouth and ran to the bathroom. 

I then proceeded to puke my guts out for the next half an hour, resting on the floor in between puking. No, no, no, no, no, NO! I couldn't be getting sick. Between dealing with the twins, the side work I was doing with my boss and everything else I couldn't get sick! 

I stumbled back to my bed. Falling onto the bed, I fell asleep instantly.

Ring! Ring! Ring! Oh. My. Gosh! Who is it now? It's almost 3 am! Who could be calling this late.. or really this early?! I reach out and pick up the phone. 

"Hello?" I ask groggily.

"Hi, is this Lauren Smith?" Asked a male voice.

"Yes, who the hell are you and why are you calling me this late?" I demanded, angry already. I needed sleep!

"This is Sam from Lou's bar on Jacobson Street. I have a young man here named-." There was some shuffling on the line. I heard a moan.

"Named Ben Jackson. He's been here for awhile now. He passed out a couple minutes ago on the bar floor. He's in no condition to drive, can you come get him?" He asked. 

"Oh! Oh, yes, absolutely, I'll be there as soon as I can." I told him.

"Ok, see you soon." He told me.

"Wait! Before you go, how did you know to call me?" I asked.

"When someone passes out drunk on our bar floor, we always check for a wallet to call someone to help them get home. He couldn't stop talking about you all night, and when we opened your wallet there was a picture of you and him. It had your names on it. I looked your name up hoping you lived in town." He told me. I didn't respond.

"Ok, well, I'm expecting you. Bye now." He said. The phone made a click! sound when he hung up. Ben had talked about me? Ben had a picture of us in his wallet? Ben had went to the bar, gotten so drunk he couldn't get home.... because of me?