Chapter 21 AE

(Cato's POV)

It's been hours of constantly running through the thunderstorm. I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to find. Katniss? Clove? Somehow, Katniss needs to die, but she's no longer chasing me. I took a risk leaving Clove there with Peeta, and kick myself in the ass for doing it. If Clove dies, my plan failed and I made a stupid mistake in the process. I just had to get Katniss (the bigger target compared to Peeta) away from Clove. It worked out well because I know Clove can easily kill Peeta, but I don't know if he's dead. You'd never be able to hear a canon over the thunder... I WON'T BE ABLE TO HEAR CLOVE'S CANON OVER THE THUNDER!

"CLOVE? CLOVE!" I scream on the top of my lungs. I have to find her. But is she dead or alive? I don't know.

"KATNISS!" I hear a male's voice scream, must be Peeta. Then I hear my name being screamed on the top of her lungs. Clove. My precious Clove, screaming for me.

"I'm coming, Clove!" I shout back, hoping that she'll be able to hear me. I push my feet as fast as I can, running towards her voice. I have to flick the rain from my eyes a few times as it blurs my vision, making it hard to see where I'm going. I run through the clearing where the Cornucopia is located, continuing towards the other side of the arena. I have to get there fast, before Katniss kills her. She will kill Clove if she finds out that Clove killed Peeta. Even if Katniss isn't in love with Peeta, it seems like they at least feel comforted by one another.

"You killed him! You son of a b*tch! You killed Peeta!" Katniss screams. So Clove did kill Peeta. That's good except for the fact that Katniss is there, maybe even in the process of killing Clove.

"Look, Princess. I'm a girl! Not a boy! So don't you dare call me a son of a b*tch!" Clove shouts back. I chuckle to myself, oh the feisty Clove. You don't wanna mess with her.

I hear a very loud grunt and water splashing everywhere. The river, they're in the river where we had to hide from the tracker jackers. I make a quick left and I can slowly see their figures as I get closer and closer towards the river. It's hard to tell who's who as the two brunettes scramble in the water, fighting. But for some odd reason, they aren't using their weapons, they're fighting hand to hand combat. Why is Clove doing that? She's not the greatest at hand to hand combat, she's amazing with knives!

Right as I reach the edge of the water, both girls manage to tackle each other, both of them sinking underwater.

"Clove!" I shout. I can no longer see them. I cross my fingers and hope for the best. My body is shaking from every possible place, my teeth chattering in fear. Clove has to beat her. She's been training her whole life, she can do this. I know she can.

One of the brunettes float to the top of the water, face down, her body lifeless. I can only hope that that's Katniss. But then just as I hoped, Clove bobs up from the water, desperately gasping for air.

"Clove!" I shout, she begins to sink again, gurgling in the water. I dive in and pull her back to shore. She sits with her head on my shoulder, my arms wrapped around her body trying to keep her shaking body warm.

"I-I t-t-th-thought y-you w-w-we-were d-dead." She stutters.

"I'm not," I smile, "what happened? With Katniss I mean." She sits up and my warmth must've helped since she was no longer shaking.

"Well, I threw a knife at Peeta. Peeta called for Katniss, then she came and chased me all the way here. Luckily, you taught me how to swim so that helped keep me alive. We were wrestling in the water for a while, it reminded me a lot of when I attacked her at the Cornucopia. Luckily when we were both under, I managed to suffocate her by putting her in a headlock... Wait a second, does that mean we win together!?" She says, her face lighting up at the end.