Chapter 10

(Clove's POV)

"Wake up! It's a big, big, big day!" Cianna shouts and repeats her morning routine of pounding on our door to wake us up. I sit up in the bed and Cato moans as I whip my arm back and throw a knife towards the door. You can hear the slicing sound that the blade makes as it cuts through the wood.

"That is MAHOGANY!" Cianna shouts with a loud gasp.

"Yes, and you are ANNOYING!" I say mimicking her Capitol accent.

"Young lady, manners! You two better wake up, the private sessions start in 10 minutes!" She adds cheerfully and Cato jolts up from the bed. It's chaos in the room as we're both trying to find are training clothes (not to mention the fact that it's 10 times harder when your half asleep) and make ourselves look decent. After I finally find our clothes, I run to the bathroom and and splash some cold water on my face. The icy cold water wakes me up so I won't be yawning the whole time. I then take a small dixie cup and fill it with cold water.

"Cato!" I yell and he rushes into the bathroom.

"You okay?" He asks while yawning and I throw the water that was in the cup at him. He looked confused as the water splashes his face and hair.

"What the hell was that for?" He asks while rubbing the water out of his eyes.

"Just to wake you up!" I smile and he laughs as we dry off our faces on a soft, black towel that the Capitol has provided for us.

"Okay you two, time to go." Enobaria says and we walk towards the glass elevators. She presses "G" and we wait 'till the elevator dings. I quickly give Cato's hand a squeeze and he smiles at me.

"Good luck." He says with his handsome crooked smile.

"Good luck." I smile and we walk to where all the tributes are sitting. I noticed that Marvel and Glimmer weren't there... they must have already went.

"Clove Sevina." A voice says over the PA system. I grin and walk towards the door that lifted up like a garage door and it closed shut after me as I walked into the big room. I could see all the weapons that existed scattered all around the room. My eyes stopped scanning the room when I saw a pack of knives patiently waiting for me at the obstacle course station. Perfect. I grin to myself and announce my name and district.

"Clove Sevina, District 2." I grin, my evil, piercing grin and set the obstacle course for extreme.

"Little Girl, that could be too hard for you." One of the gamemakers from shouted from the balcony above.

"Shut up. I'm fifteen, I can do this." I say and begin my course. I see 5 dummies coming straight towards me and one on either side of me. I take three knives in my right hand and two knives in my left hand and throw them at the hearts of the dummies that were heading straight towards me. I duck down into a ball as the ones from the sides tripped over me and as they were trying to get back up, I stabbed them. I retrieve the sword that one of the dummies had and as 10 dummies headed straight towards me in a circle. I held out the sword and sliced off all of the dummies heads while spinning in a circle.

The gamemakers all looked impress. I bow and they scribble a bunch of things down on their clipboards.

"Thank you Clove, you may go back to your floor and wait for the scores." The head gamemaker, Seneca Crane announced to me and I nodded my head while grinning from ear to ear.

----------------------------------------------

(Cato's POV)

"Cato Wood." The voice says, coming from the PA system. I look up and almost all the tributes are staring at me. I stare back as I walk towards the big doors and into the big room.