2. Saying goodbye isn't always easy

The first chapters are going to be in Alexis' point of view, after a few chapters maybe someone else's...

Alexis' P.O.V

Today is the day, I am moving to Dr. Lawrence High. Lucas doesn't seem to like it, but he will get used to it. He has to, because I can't change my mind. Even if I want to, I can't. Since he has found out, he's trying to make me back out. Instead of being happy for me, he does everything he can to keep me at home. The only way to make him stop, is to say he will be gone as well in a few years. He's still the oldest one, so he can go to college sooner than me.

Paul and Jeanette have done their fair share of trying to make me stay too, but they also talk about other things with me and Lucas doesn't. I understand he doesn't like the idea that his baby sister is moving out, but I can't listen to him. If I do, I can hurt him badly. I don't know how to use my powers, but it's only a matter of time before things are going to happen. If those things happen, I don't want anyone I care about around me. I can't take the risk, what if I'm going to hurt somebody.

'Alexis, it's time to go! You don't want to be late, do you?' Jeanette yelled at me from the bottom of the stairs. 

'I'm coming!' I quickly reply.

So this is it, I really am going to Dr. Lawrence High. My family downstairs are going to try to talk me out of it one last time and they aren't going to succeed. As I walk towards the door, I look at my room. It will be empty a long time, after I'm gone. Except if Lucas convinces Paul to make a fitness room of out it, which won't surprise me. I've known him long enough to know what he is capable of.

After I shut the door, I go downstairs, where my family is waiting for me. They're all looking pretty sad, but once I am gone, they will cheer up. The first hug I get, is from Jeanette, she has tears in her eyes, but is trying to stop them. I hate to see her this way, so I don't look at her face and just hug her. 

Paul pulls her of me, looking kind of awkward. He tries to calm her down, but it isn't working. It looks pretty funny, although I'm not going to say that out loud. I bit my lip while trying to hold my laughter. 

'I'm sorry for that, Lexi. I didn't expect her to be so emotional. Before you go, I've got a little gift for you. It might be handy to come where you want to be,' Paul says, revealing a set of keys.

He hands the keys to me and I can't believe my eyes. I study them for a while and see what kind of key it is.

'Are you serious?!' I yell.

He nods and points to the window. I can't wait a second and rush towards the window. There's a car standing outside, a black convertible BMW M3. Is that thing really mine? I can't do anything but stare. I've gotten a car from Paul, I haven't seen that one coming. 

'Is that your present?' I ask him.

'Yes, it is. Do you like it?'

'Of course I do, it's an amazing gift!'

'Come on, we'll put your stuff in there. We thought it was the right moment to give you a car, so you can visit us if you want. You deserve it, you really do. Just don't cause an accident while driving to the high school. Do you promise?' 

'I promise,' I say, while I'm already halfway through of the front door.

For a second, I stare at the car before I begin putting my bags into it. Paul comes to help me, even Lucas has come after a few minutes. He doesn't look happy, but I know he'salso getting a car. It isn't possible that my parents give their youngest child a car earlier than their oldest one. He just doesn't know it yet.