Progress..

Klaus POV

There was pin drop silence in the house. You could not hear anything apart from the giant ticking clock in the living room. After Mrs. Forbes announcement everything came to a standstill. I could feel Caroline's eyes looking at me. But I had nothing to say to her. I did not want to have this talk with her in front of my siblings whose eyes were filled with questions. I took Caroline's hand in mine and dragged her away from the kitchen, upstairs to our room.

Pregnancy.

It was a huge thing. And I was very greatful of my self control at this moment. Bringing a child into this world was no joke. I had never given a thought about it. Being a hybrid meant that these kind of possibilities did not actually exist.

I was so busy in my my thoughts about my past and Mikael that I totally forgot about Caroline.

"Do you not like the idea of having a child with me?" my love asked in an unsure voice. She was sitting on the bed looking at floor.

Oh no. I would not allow her to think in that way. She took my silence in the wrong way I suppose. "NO Caroline! Its not that I don't like the idea of having a child with you. Its just that, the idea of me being a father scares me. Trust me it would be a blessing to have a child with you. A symbol of our love. But think about this from my perspective. My past will always shadow us and to bring a child in our world...I would hate it if because of me our child left us. What if I am not a good father? What if I am like Mikael?

Soft hands grasped my face.

"Klaus its alright. Don't let those thoughts consume you. You know that is not gonna happen. I mean look at us. You were really worried at the beginning. You thought that I would hate you & run away from you. But do you see how much you adore me. Then why cannot you love your own child and blood. These are just your fears speaking. I know you too well. My dreams and visions always made one fact clear. You are fiercely loyal and that is something that I appreciate about you." Her thoughts were so pure and full of love. If she trusts me so much then in that case I will prove my love, that she is right.

I hugged her tightly. I wanted to show her how much I appreciated her loving me for me. She in return nuzzled her face in my neck. Thinking about having a mini Caroline with blonde pigtails running around the house did give me immense pleasure.

"Maybe having a mini Caroline in pigtails running around the house would be fun love." I said in a teasing tone.

"Or a mini Klaus with his big baby blues eyes helping me in kitchen baking cookies.." my love said. She seemed really far away imagining the scenario.

It did seem nice. Now that the initial shock of it was over. We could actually plan it wisely. But first I had to ask Caroline about her powers. What did her mother mean by that?

Caroline POV

I felt really happy now. Klaus imagining our future child seemed so amazing. A mini me or mini Klaus would be a heartbreaker for sure.

"Caroline...?" Klaus called my name.

"Yes baby?" I said.

"I was wondering what did your mother mean by activation of your powers? He asked.

"Oh yes. Apollo my ancestor had claimed that my powers will be activated when I will become one with you. So yes...when we will...be together, then I can use my powers." I said shyly.

"And we will be together soon as you put it love. It would be like heaven to make love to you. You will be glorious sweetheart." Klaus smiled crookedly saying that.

I blushed like crazy hearing that. But did not want him to win this so I held my head high and stated, "Well, I would love to see you at my mercy in that case."

Klaus smirked and pulled me towards the bed. "Lets see who asks for mercy then love, what do you say?"

"Uhh..actually...ummm..." I stammered stupidly.

He started laughing at that.

"Ok fine. I know I have no experience at all in this department. You gave me my first kiss. But you are a hybrid..with a 1000 years of experience. And I am a virgin. What are we gonna do...I am hopeless.." I said sadly.

I suddenly found myself pinned against the wall with Klaus blocking my sides with his arms. He was looking intensely in my eyes.

"Caroline it gives me immense pleasure to know that I would only ever be the one to touch you. Believe me when I say I wish I would have given you the same. This is a gift  that I will always cherish. And you are not hopeless love. I can help you learn everything. So do not fret love." He kissed me with so much passion after that.

"Klaus....what about protection?...we need to be safe." I asked him looking at my feet. I felt fingers on my chin. He lifted my face and smiled.

"I though about it too sweetheart. And I think a witch can perform a spell and this will make things much easier. Whenever we will desire to have child we can lift the spell easily. What do you think?" He asked me.

A spell would make things much easier. A protection that is magical...haha...I laughed mentally.

"Sure." I said.

"Now how about I take you out for a date tomorrow love? Klaus asked me sweetly like a cute lil boy.

"Yes. I would love to go out with you baby." I said.

A date. With my hybrid. Great.