Chapter 30 - Finale

Katie’s POV

I woke up the next morning with a weird feeling in my stomach. Not really sure what it was I told myself that I was just nervous and excited for today. I was about to go back to Europe, living my dream. I was going to be on the road, seeing wonderful places I have never been to, listening to awesome music every night and … missing my heart.

With a sigh I rolled over in my bed. The thought of not being with Brian was just adding to my weird stomach. I really missed him. I had fallen for him hard and even though it still hurt I knew that I could never ever leave him. Realizing that just made me even more afraid of what his choice would be. My world would definitely shatter into a million pieces if he chose Michelle.

But it was actually my own fault. I had given him this ultimatum and now I had to live with this uncertainty. If only I had closed my eyes and ignored Michelle and her baby. I would still be pregnant and happy with Brian. Everything would be a lot better … right?

These had been Zacky’s words last night. He was furious that I was going on tour with Jeremy and his friends when my family was breaking apart. We had a fight about my decision and he called me blind. Everyone seemed to be convinced that Jeremy was trying to get into my pants. I refused to believe that. And the more my friends tried to convince me of that stupid idea the more I actually wanted to leave. It was in my nature to prove people wrong, that don’t believe in me. So Zacky and Lindsay failed miserably in convincing me to stay.

My eyes were glued to the bright blue sky when my alarm went off. It was a beautiful song that I had recently fell in love with, again. I listened to it for a while but then swung my legs over the edge of the bed and sat up. It was of no use to dwell in these thoughts and memories. It was done, the job accepted, the flight booked.

So I grabbed my towel and went to take a hot shower, relaxing my tense muscles. I washed my hair and brushed my teeth before I dried myself off. A little more awake but with the same weird feeling in my stomach I got dressed in some comfy blue boyfriend-jeans and a white tank top. I did my hair and make-up and went downstairs to grab something to eat.

I found Lindsay roaming the kitchen while she prepared breakfast. Zacky was nowhere to be seen so I assumed he was either still in bed or in the bathroom. It smelled so delicious, my mouth was instantly watering.

“Zacky is one lucky guy, I have to give him that.” I said and chuckled when my best friend jumped in surprise.

“Geez, do you have to scare me like that?” Linds playfully glared at me as I approached her.

“It was too tempting, so yes, I had to.” That earned me a smack to the back of my head. “Ouwie!” I whined.

“Ha, you brought this onto yourself. Now would you mind setting the table?” She said turning back to the stove.

“Oh so first you beat me to a pulp and then you want me to do something for you?” I said acting like I was severely hurt.

“I’ll kick your ass if you don’t do it.” Linds just replied point blank.

“How I’m gonna miss this … not.” I mumbled and grabbed the plates and cups from the shelf. We chatted about random things while finishing the preparations. I was a little afraid of Zacky’s mood this morning because I didn’t want to leave with a fight. You never knew what happened on the road. At some point my best friend turned on the radio and we listened to some music.

“Well, you two are pretty happy this morning. And wide awake.” Zacky came into the kitchen chuckling.

“Someone has to cook you breakfast, right?” Linds stuck her tongue out at him but kissed him ever so sweetly.