Chapter 19

This chapter is dedicated to  @TonysTurtlesfoREVer and  @HanerJoy - you two will know why ;)

Thank you guys so much for reading my stuff. It means a lot to me that you like it and vote for it so much. I hope, you keep enjoying the next chapters.

***

Katie’s POV

The last three weeks had been amazing. Brian and I had found our love again which made me so incredibly happy and grateful. No matter what I had loved him despite our fights and days of not talking to one another. He was so important to me and I again felt like he thought the same about me.

I had been so happy that Brian had come to pick me up from the hospital. He was the only one around her who really understood my fear of this building so I had felt relaxed and safe immediately with him around. That doesn’t mean that I didn’t feel safe around Jeremy. But that was a different feeling of safety. Hard to explain really.

Brian had carried my small duffle bag, Jeremy had gotten me, while Brian apparently had been at Zacky’s the other day, and smiled down at me as I had signed myself out. I had gotten some meds for a possible headache and had followed him outside, only to squeal in happiness when I spotted my little girl in the car. I had opened the door and Brian chuckled at Pinkly going crazy around me.

But that hadn’t been the only surprise. When we had arrived at our home Brian had taken my hand as he let me in and I saw everything beautifully decorated with my favorite flowers. And to top all of this I had found an envelope with my name on it on the kitchen counter next to a cake, saying ‘Welcome Home, Sweetheart’.

“Open it.” His deep voice had rung in my ears as he hugged me from behind placing a small kiss on the crook of my neck.

“What is it?” I had asked. My hands had been shaking like crazy as I opened it. The answer was: A leaflet of the Vail Cascade Resort & Spa in Colorado plus two flight tickets. I had gasped as I looked at the beautiful pictures of the scenery. I had turned around with happy tears in my eyes. Brian had smiled proudly and had kissed me lovingly, telling me how much he loved me and that he wanted us to have a long weekend away from all the drama. It should be only us and our love. Happily I had packed our things the following day while he arranged things for Pinkly and what not and then we had left for probably the most beautiful and romantic four days in my life.

We have been back now for two weeks and were still so much in love. I actually had been a little afraid of coming back from Colorado but nothing changed. We flirted, we made love a lot (and when I say ‘a lot’ I mean ‘A LOT’), he took me out on dates and we actually started to work on a strategy to get me a job. We did all this stuff together. Finally I didn’t feel so alone anymore and I wasn’t afraid to talk openly to Brian about things anymore.

I was sitting at the dining table in front of my laptop looking for some open posts at Warner Brothers. Brian was roaming around the kitchen cooking his famous Coq Au Vin. The smell of it was so delicious that I had difficulties concentrating on my task.

“How’s it going, babe?” He asked smiling as he grabbed a yellow pepper to chop it.

“I’m kind of distracted by my sexy man cooking.” I giggled seeing him smirk.

“I’m not sorry about that.” He laughed when I stuck my tongue out at him. We both focused back on our tasks, happy to be with one another.

The longer I sat there the weirder I felt though. My stomach grew slowly into knots and I had a nasty taste in my mouth. Frowning about it I stood to get me a glass of juice.