Chapter 12

Brian's POV

I was sitting on the wooden banister of Zacky's front porch and had a smoke. It was the exact same spot I sat on two days before Katie and I had our first date. Just thinking about the moment our lips touched for the first time sent shivers down my spine and my heart rate took up speed. But suddenly the scene of last night popped into my head.

I had spent the evening with the guys at Matt's. We were watching River while the girls enjoyed their night out. We had talked and laughed, having a good time together as usual. That was until Johnny had the glorious idea to surprise our girls. He had overheard Lacey making plans with Val; they were going to party at Johnny's Saloon.

When he mentioned it I thought back to the days when Katie and I were perfect together, happy even. We all had partied a lot in this bar since it was one of our favorites. I had danced with her closely, enjoying her curvy body moving against mine, fitting so perfectly.

But these days were gone. I thought that her being here after those hard and empty 5 months would make me feel better. It did but somehow it had changed. I had realized that our expectations of where our relationship was going were totally different. And besides the fact that she obviously wanted kids and I didn't her sitting around the house all day doing nothing was bothering me a lot.

I was working my ass off for us. Not that I didn't like the stuff I was doing. Music was my life and making a living with it was still a dream coming true. I was working with my best friends every day. Not everyone could say that about their job. Nevertheless I was securing our income. She was living off my money and it started to feel like this is all she wanted. My body for sex and my money to live here in the states.

Things had changed in the month we were living together and I started to wondering whether it was a mistake or not. I used to look at her and a wide smile would stretch upon my face and my heart would start racing in my chest. She was the most beautiful woman for me. But nowadays I frequently caught myself gazing after other women, whether it was at the beach with the guys or walking down the streets with Katie holding my hand.

I had felt bad about it. I mean, she had left her family and friends and home to come here and live with me. Of course I expected everyday life kicking in at some point but that it had happened so soon was literally knocking me off my feet. I had tried everything to make it up to her: I bought her gifts and flowers, took her out to for dinner, made love to her over and over again. But there was nothing coming back from her side.

It actually had made me suspicious. My head was starting to think in a direction I never wanted to be true. What if she was seeing someone? She had been alone with River most of the days. How could I be sure that she was telling me the truth about her whereabouts?

These thoughts and a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach brought me to drink a lot more beer than I usually would and I agreed with Johnny, that we should surprise our girls. Zacky decided to stay home with Matt though, because of River, but the rest of us left and had a couple of shots before we spotted our girls. Seeing that Katie wasn't sitting with them made my stomach grow into knots. And when Kim pointed in the directs of the restrooms my heart was about to stop.

Just thinking about it made my blood boil. My hands were shaking and although I had just barely finished my first cigarette I lit up a new one. The picture of this guy and his stupid Mohawk looking down at her with this loving expression was driving me crazy. I saw his hands on her bare arms, the bright smile on his face as he took in Katie's beauty. I could have lived with it if I hadn't seen her sweet smile on her bashful face. I could see the chemistry between them and it had made me sick. I had downed my double whiskey and had stormed over to show him what was mine.