21. Oh no. Nope. I'm out

I'm so very sorry for the lack of updates on my part. I've had a very hectic the past few weeks and I've just been way too busy to update and I apologize.

I was in Maui for a week (which was totally great by the way) but while I was in Maui there was an accident with my pets back home and so when I finally did get back home my attention was solely focused on that. And unfortunately not too long after that I had to focus on getting a bunch of stuff together and ready for college. So I really have not had a lot of free time on my hands despite it being summer.

Again I sincerely apologize,
K

Oh yeah, and for those of you who aren't already aware, Password Incorrect has been posted and recently updated as well!

Thirteen's POV

I carefully remove the arrow from Cody's arm and Devin begins to wrap the wound. "First a gunshot now an arrow, what's next?" He mutters under his breath. "Actually...who's next?"

Shouts sound off from behind us along with various thuds. "Lily?" I whisper as I stare off into the darkness of the hallway.

"Well, originally I was going to warn you we had some bad guys coming down the stairs, but my point of view sort of shifted when one pushed the other down the stairs."

"You make it sound like I did something to him." Chase's smug voice fills our ears. "He tripped. I didn't even touch him."

"That's a load of bullshit." Zack grumbles. Both of them start off down the hallway and I watch their black forms begin to clear under the single light.

Zack rubs at a spot on his lower back and winces as he takes steps towards us. "What is wrong with you people?" He murmurs quietly.

Chase's face creases with worry when he sees Cody's unconscious form sitting up against the wall. "What happened?"

"Lily." Both me and Devin answer in unison.

"Figures." Chase replies as he leans down next to Cody. "He's still alive right?"

"I'm offended you think I'd actually kill one of you." Lily mutters into her earpiece.

"I don't think, I know." Chase replies to her and she lets out an annoyed puff of air.

"The next arrow I fire is going to go through your eye if you keep talking."

"Will you both just shut up." I hiss. "I'd rather be found out later, not right now. Lily get back on watch and be quiet." She grumbles a string of curses under her breath.

I turn my attention back to Cody just as Devin finishes wrapping his arm. "Let me know when he starts waking up."

Devin nods. "Somehow I don't think that's going to happen any time soon."

I shake my head. "Probably not." I agree, turning towards Zack and Chase. "You two come with me, Devin stays here with Cody, and warn us if anyone shows up."

"Where are you going? That direction leads to a dead end." Devin says and I shake my head.

"I highly doubt that."

I move quietly and quickly while Zack and Chase follow behind closely. We move down to the end of the hallway and into the room Cody and Devin had come from. I look up at the open trap door on the ceiling.

"I'm not seeing anything in here." Chase whispers as his eyes roam over every inch of the room.

I do the same before my eyes settle on a section of the wall that doesn't fit with the rest of the room. It looks like another hallway that has been sealed up. I walk up to it and press my hand into different sections of the wall, knocking occasionally against it with my fist.