8. I can't hear you

Been busy. Sorry for the wait.

Thirteen's POV

"Miss Kingston, of all the stupid, idiotic, irresponsible-"

"Horrible, brainless, foolish, careless," I interject, giving Henri a couple more ideas since I totally agree with him...but I still did it anyway.

"Decisions and ideas you could have possibly come up with now or in the past...this takes the top of the list."

"I couldn't agree more," I reply and he gives me a flat look.

"Although," I start up again as we continue our walk from the front gate back up to the house. "If we're going to get into idiotic decisions-"

Henri doesn't let me finish. "Mr. Darwood had that-and more-coming to him." He says quietly to ensure our guest doesn't hear us, referring to what he'd done this morning to Fifty-three.

I shake my head. Henri had-correction-has been nothing but nasty to Fifty-three. Not that I'm complaining. His usual manners just seemed to fly out the window whenever Fifty-three was concerned. He'd already locked Fifty-three in his bedroom-twice-and just keeps ignoring him, pretending that he just doesn't exist.

It doesn't seem that bad but when Henri's the one doing it...he takes it to the extreme and it's not pretty.

"And do not defer the conversation off of your new-found stupidity. That thing has no business being here." He says, going back to his normal tone of voice.

"You do know I can hear you right?"

I don't respond and instead, just roll my eyes. I'd chosen to walk down to the gate and open it manually rather than just letting any car in.

Probably my wisest decision at the moment.

Unfortunately now that means we have to walk back up the driveway as well. Henri had insisted on accompanying me down. If the boys and Lily knew what I'd done, they'd have insisted the same thing.

Except Lily would have brought along a rocket launcher.

"Forgive my language, Henri," I say before turning around. "But no one gives a shit."

"Any language directed at her is forgiven before it is even said," Henri mutters.

Lydia glares harshly at me and I give her the same look back before turning around once again and walking side by side with Henri, Lydia walking behind us. We make it up to the front steps and I push open the door. Henri eyes Lydia.

"Cleaned it up from the last time I decided to visit?"

I clench my fists to keep from striking her. It'd go pretty far downhill pretty fast and Henri would not be able to separate us.

I walk into the house and Lydia makes a face at all the Christmas decorations still up all over the place.

"I didn't hit your head that hard," Lydia mutters.

The familiar buzzing noise echoes throughout the house and Henri turns to me, a look of confusion on his face.

"You invited someone else?" He questions and I nod.

"I'm not stupid enough to invite only Lydia over," I reply. "So I called in some backup."

I walk over to the keypad and punch in the code to open the gate and let the car through this time.

Henri raises an eyebrow at me. "Oh? And who would that be?"

I give him a smile. "Everybody's got a partner in crime," I reply simply.