Chapter 8

When I got home from Will dropping me off, it was around 4 pm. I really didn't have any other friends besides Will, so I had no idea what I should do.

I do start work tomorrow. I guess I could go buy a couple outfits for work. I will have to go to a cheap thrift store though. I still have to watch what I spend until I get my first paycheck.

I decided to slip on a black pair of shorts since it was starting to get really hot out. I made sure I grabbed a 20 dollar bill from my money.

After I checked to make sure I had everything. I left my room and locked the door behind me.

I had no idea where I was going or where anything thing is. Maybe someone in the office could tell you where a thrift store is? I thought to myself. The last thing I wanted to do was ask anyone directions. That's the only choice I had though, considering that I don't have a fancy smart phone to look it up.

When I got down to the bottom of the steps, I walked into the office. I was greeted by the same lady I asked to rent a room off of.  She was a nice lady, although I've only spoken to her once.

"Hi, can you tell me where the nearest thrift shop is?"

"Of course dear, all you have to do when you leave is take a left out the door, walk straight for 2 blocks, make another left and you will see it."

"Okay. Thank you." I gave her a small smile, but before I could turn around to leave, she stopped me.

"I know that you just moved here, and I seen you out and about looking for jobs. So don't worry about paying me until you get your first check."

I smiled at her kind words. I can't believe she just said that to me. That was so nice of her. "Thank you so much, really."

She gave me a soft smile, "You're welcome dear."

With that, I turned around to leave and walk to the thrift store.

~~

When I got there, my whole body was sticky with sweat. My feet ached since I haven't walked that far in a while, and I just wanted some water. There was no way I could buy any water though until I got the clothes I needed.

When I walked into the building,  I welcomed the blast of cold air that the AC gave off. It was the best feeling in the world, and if I could just stay here all day, I would. 

I walked over to the shorts and pants section. I needed decent shorts and pants for my job. I just had to keep in mind that it's hot here all the time.

I started browsing through all the clothes, one by one. I picked out a pair of ripped black shorts, blue jeans with stylish butt pockets, a baby blue pair of shorts, and a pair of grey skinny jeans.

I wanted to make sure that these fit right before I go wasting any money. I needed to save all the money I could right now. Times would be tough for just a little while longer.

I looked around the store to see if I could find where the changing rooms are. I seen that there was a sign that said 'Changing Rooms' with an arrow pointing towards the back of the store.

I started making my way down different isles to make my way to the back of the store. Then, I got sidetracked by all the shoes. I kept looking at them as I walked by. "Omph." I bumped into someone and dropped all my clothes on the floor.

I scrambled to the floor trying to get all of my clothes together. "I'm so sorry. I should of watched where I was going." I looked up after I grabbed all my clothes and my mouth dropped open. "Will?"

"Well, well. We meet again." He gave me a small smile.

"What are you doing here? Do you work here?"

"I volunteer here time to time. I like to give a little to my community."

I smiled at him and cleared my throat. "Well, um, I should let you get back too it. I gotta go make sure these clothes fit me anyway."

"Well, if you need a second opinion, I could help."

I felt my cheeks heat up, and my heart started to accelerate. "Um, sure. That would be nice. I won't be keeping you from anything important am I?"

"Of course not. You are a customer and you would like help. It is my job to attend your needs."

His cheeky smile wasn't fooling me. I know that he would like to see me try on clothes. I could see it in the way he talks, and moves. "Well, I guess you could help then."

As we walked over to the changing rooms, I turned around and looked at him. "You sit right there," I pointed to the chair, "and no peeking. If I catch you peeking, you will have no eyeballs to peek with."

He put his hands up in the air, almost like he was surrendering. "Alright, alright." He took a seat on the chair in front of the changing room.

I walked into the changing room and shut the door behind me. I took off the shorts I was wearing to try on the grey skinny jeans. There were two tears on the left knee, and it hugged my butt perfectly. I took in a deep breath before I unlocked the door and stepped out.

Will sat there for a couple minutes in silence. "Well, what do you think?" I felt my cheeks getting hotter and hotter. Did they really look that bad on me? I thought they looked good...

"Those jeans look great on you!" He smiled at me.

"Phew. Your silence was killing me." I walked back in to the changing room to try my shorts on.

After trying everything on, and everything being approved by Will, I wanted to find some shirts. "Wanna come with me and approve my shirts too?"

"I would love too." He winked at me.

I felt my cheeks get hot, and I started walking over to the shirts. I don't really have a specific shirt type, or what I like. If I see it, and I like it, I get it.

After a few minutes of browsing and asking Will for his opinion, I picked out 3 shirts. One is tie dye, the other one has 'YOLO', and the last one is just plain black.

"Well, I'm done shopping. Thank you for helping me."

He smirked at me, "No problem."

"I'm gonna go and check out now."

"Okay."

"Okay."

We just stood there and stared at eachother for a while. I was lost in his eyes. Those dark brown eyes. They were like chocolates. A brown abyss. There were so many things behind those big brown eyes. So many things hidden.

"Uh, I should go."

He chuckled a bit, "Yeah."

"So, text me?" I smiled at him.

"For sure."

With that, I turned around and checked out. It only came to $14 so that was nice. I could stop and get that bottle of water I wanted.

When I left the shop, all I could think about was Will. He was so sweet, and such a gentleman. Any girl would be lucky to have him. I'm just honored he considers me a friend.

On the walk back home, I stopped at a store and grabbed a bottle of water. I also grabbed a bag of chips to take home with me incase I got hungry later.

When I got to my apartment, I sat my stuff on the kitchen table and fell into bed. I was so exhausted.

I looked at the time and seen it was 9 pm. I can't believe I was shopping for that long. That's how it is with Will though. He always makes time fly and I don't even notice.

I put my clothes away. I took off my shorts, climbed into bed, put my phone on the charger, and fell asleep.

~~

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter! Next one will be better!
Xo