Chapter 2

A/N
Hey guys! Just wanted you guys to know that I know some people tell you how they picture someone in there book, but I would like for you guys to imagine what each and every character would look like in your own head!
~~

I woke up at around 4 am. I groaned when I looked at the clock. I could never sleep through a whole night anymore. I was always woken up by the same thing, stomach pains. I wish so badly for something to eat, but I know if I move, he'll automatically wake up.

For a while now, I have been saving up to run away. I hid it away from him so he wouldn't find out. All I need is 10 more dollars and that will give me 1,000 dollars, and I'll be able to leave here. I don't know what I will do, or where I will go, but anywhere is better than here. I live in Denver, Colorado. So, I am thinking about going somewhere where it is always hot, and where there are a lot of job opportunities.

I look out my window and sigh, I need to figure out a way to come up with this extra 10 dollars so that I can leave this forsaken place. It's now, 5 am. If I sneak out of my window now, I might be able to go roam the streets for food and a couple more dollars.

I get up out of bed and pull on a hoodie. I quietly lift my window up, and take the screen out. There is a tree branch that stretches out to my window, so I climb on that and climb the whole rest of the tree down. I run as far away as I can without my stepfather seeing me.

When I get to the sidewalk, I begin to walk and look everywhere. All I see is nasty cigarette butts, and broken beer bottles. It's cold out tonight, so i put my hands in my pocket and walk a little faster.

--

I don't know how long I have been walking, but the sun starts to come up and I start to lose hope. I have to go back before he wakes up.

On my way back to walking to my house, I see something flutter about in the corner of my eye. I turn around and seen that it landed behind a fence. I crawl over the fence, and what I found just makes that joy I had when my mother was alive, come back. Sitting in front of my eyes was a 10 dollar bill. I just couldn't believe it. This was my way out. My way to stay alive.

I shove the 10 dollar bill inside my pocket and run all the way home. Whenever I get home, I climb up the same tree I used to escape from the house. When I get into my room, I put the screen back in and I shut the window.

I walk over to my bed, go underneath it, and put the 10 dollars I found with the rest of the money I have been saving. I smile to myself. I'm doing this tonight, and I will leave no trace of me behind. He will never be able to find me.

My thoughts are gone in an instant when I hear his shrill voice, "Violet! Get your ass down here and make me some breakfast!"

I scramble to the door and make my way downstairs. "Yes sir, what would you like for breakfast?"

He looked at me with disgust, "Make me scrambled and eggs and bring me a damn beer while you're at it."

I nodded my head at him, "Yes sir."

I walked into the kitchen, and turned a burner on the stove to heat up while I grabbed that man his nasty beer. I walked into the living room and hesitantly handed him his beer, "Here you go, sir."

He snatches the beer out of my hands which makes me jump and chugs half of it down. Once he's done chugging, he punches me in my mouth, which causes the corner of my lip to bleed, and yells, "Now go make me my damn eggs!"

I nod furiously and run back into the kitchen. My whole body is shaking from what just happened, but I keep reminding myself that this will all be over tonight. I set a pan on the heated up burner, and crack 3 eggs into the pan. I take the spatula and mush them all together until they're nice, white, and fluffy.

After they're done, I put them on a plate and add hot sauce to them. I put 2 pieces of bread into the toaster to make toast. Making and smelling all of this food, is making me so hungry I am starting to get dizzy.

I peak into the living room and see that he is still watching tv, so I take a piece of bread and shove the whole thing into my mouth and chew as fast as I can before he catches me. I jump whenever he yells, "What the hell is taking you so long? Don't make me come in there, you won't like it!"

I hurry up and swallow the bread and reply, "I'm just now buttering your toast, sir!" I hurry up and take the toast out of the toaster, and butter it. Whenever I am done, I grab a fork and put it on the plate. I take the plate into the living room and hand it to him. "Here you go, sir."

He takes the plate, "Bring your face towards me." I hesitate and he screams, "Now!"

I put my face in front of hit and he slaps the side of my face really hard. "That's for not being faster with my food! Now, go up to your room until I tell you to come out!"

I can't help the tears that start pulling out of my eyes. I run up to my room and shut the door behind me. I go into my drawer, and pull out a picture that my mother had given to me right before she passed away.

It was a picture of her and my dad together. They were at a fancy restaurant eating, and they looked so happy. They both looked so in love. I take the picture to my bed and lay down while holding it.

I wish that I can find someone like that. To look at me like that and be so proud to have me. I've had friends before, but that was when I was younger. Once my mom passed away, I wasn't allowed to go out anywhere. That cost me all of my friends. I've never had a boyfriend either. I just hope one day when I find that one guy, he doesn't turn out to be like my stepfather.

I start crying, and as I cry, I drift off into a deep sleep..

~~
A/N
Hey guys! I hope you're liking it so far! Let me know what you think!