129. Stubborn

Harry:

When you offer to help him. It was common, for him to get a little stubborn; so sure that he could do everything himself. He denied help most times, and when he accepted it, it was not without a short sigh and the small flicker in his eyes of something; anger, you thought, that he couldn’t do it himself.

.

Liam:

When he can’t get it right. He’s sure that he can do it, he knows that he can, and he’s determined that he’s capable. And when he messes up it just gives him more incentive to try again, to the point where he becomes obsessed and stubborn and you have to pull him away from whatever it was he was trying to do; insisting that he needs to sleep, or eat, or whatever other small tasks you could convince him into doing to distract him.

.

Zayn:

When he’s upset. He would never admit to it, when he’s a little sad. He would insist that he was fine, that you didn’t have to worry about him, even when he knew that he wasn’t. And he could hide his tears all he wanted behind smiles and false promises that he was okay; but you could see his smile falter just a little, only for a short while, and the pain behind his eyes. And just like that, despite how horribly stubborn he was being, you knew.

.

Louis:

When he’s sick. He didn’t like being sick, because it meant that people looked after him, and he would have much rather been left alone for a little while; he was sure that he was fine, and that he didn’t need people worrying about him. But he was wrong, most times, because he really did need help; he just didn’t like admitting to it.

.

Niall:

When he’s wrong. He hated being wrong, especially when you were right, so he always got a little stubborn when you got into an argument; refusing to be the one to apologise first, because he was so sure that he was right and you were wrong and that there was nothing else to it.