79. You Meet Him On The Aeroplane.

Harry: Being in an airplane is the last place you want to be. They make you nervous and anxious and you can never relax enough to sleep. Your eyes are closed, head leaned back against the seat when the seat beside you dips under a new weight. “Nervous?” the voice asks, male and British and you nod. “Did you know you have more chances of being attacked by a shark than being in a plane crash?” he asks and you crack an eye open to stare at him. Gaping, Harry Styles sits next to you with a smile on his handsome face. “Where’d you hear that?” you question, settling back and squeezing your eyes as the plane starts to move. “Read it” he offers, covering your clenched hand with his over the arm rest as the plane takes off and the feeling is comforting. “I have coloring books” Harry says, pulling a few books that belong to Lux from his bag and a box of crayons and you smile. You spend several hours coloring every picture, singing your names to each page before ripping them out and passing them to one another until you’ve colored every picture in every book. Eventually, you fall asleep against his shoulder and even though he’s exhausted he decides to stay awake to alert you if there’s danger. “Thank you, for everything” you tell him, watching as he pulls your carryon down from the overhead compartment. He shrugs, passing you the bag with a smile that you return. “I’ll be on this same flight in ten days” you trail off at the end of the terminal, turning left when he turns right and hope he understands your meaning.

Liam: The plane dips, turbulence is a bitch and you curse it. Your breath hitches, eyes closed as you grip the armrest. The older man beside you is asleep, dead to everything happening and that brings you no comfort. “It’ll be alright love, just count to ten” a voice across the aisle says, a warm hand covering yours. You turn, meeting the gaze of a handsome boy you’d seen board last. “I’m Liam” he offers and you chuckle because you know who he is, everyone knows who Liam Payne is. “I’m (Y/N)” you tell him, pushing back against your seat as you watch him. Once the plane settles, he pulls back into his own seat but keeps his gaze on yours. You spend the next few minutes talking quietly as the people around you sleep, leaning your seats back at the same time to fall asleep. And when you wake, Liam is watching you with a smile and a blush. He helps you with your carry on, trailing behind you off the flight and into the stale air of the airport. “I’ll see you later” you tell him, turning around to walk towards baggage claim and he nods. “Where are you staying?” he asks, already on his phone and you grin. “The Atlantis” you tell him, turning to look at him once last time before disappearing into the crowd.

Niall: Overnight flights suck, hard. There’s nothing attractive about falling asleep on a plane and then waking up to strangers staring at you. Luckily, the first class seat your dad paid for is a single with a reclining bed seat. You’re resting back in your seat, eyes closed when there’s a knock on the sliding compartment separating you and your neighbor. “Do you have a pen? I’m trying to play this crossword but I don’t have a pen” the Niall Horan asks and you’re stunned for a moment. “You play crosswords?” you blurt, reaching down in your purse and he chuckles “No, but this flight is gonna suck so I figured… why not” he shrugs and you grin to yourself while digging around. “I’d suck for you” you tell yourself with a chuckle, pulling out a pink pen and hand it to him. “Of course” he laughs, rolling his eyes at the pen but leans forward over his desk. “Hey, what’s a four letter word for enameled metal?” he questions, scratching his mussed blonde hair. “Iron or tole” you tell him, eyes shut so you miss his astonished glance. You spend the next hour helping him finish the crossword, signing your name to the bottom before he posts it on twitter. “Thanks to my new friend @y/t/n for finishing my crossword. .. I was shit”

Louis: You had been asleep since before the plane had taken off. You had spent the whole day prior driving to New York to catch your flight to London and you were absolutely exhausted, not even the take-off had woken you up. But you were now being poked in the arm. “I’m sorry love, but the attendant said you needed to fill these out,” the guy sitting beside you says handing you the immigration papers. As you come back to life, you blink to clear your vision before noticing who was actually sitting beside you. Louis Tomlinson is looking at you with a smile. “Thanks,” you say taking the papers from his hand as you try to remember if you had brought a pen with you on board. As you lower your head a pen comes into your vision, you take it from him with a smile and a nod as you begin to fill out the immigration cards. “Where’s Damascus?” He asks as you notice him watching you fill out your information. “It’s a really small town in Virginia,” you answer looking back down to finish the cards. “You like it there?” He asks yet again. You nod, not looking at him and sign the backs of both cards before handing him the pen back. “What are you going to do in London?” He prudes yet again. You let out a sigh and turn to him. “You know a lot of people would have asked to move away from you, or may have even killed you by now,” you say acknowledging all of the questions he was asking. “Then why haven’t you?” he asks with a smile. “Because I wouldn’t hear the last of it from all of the twelve year olds,” you explain. He laughs as he looks up at the television screen showing that the plane would be landing soon. “Well I’ll let you enjoy the last bit of this flight in peace,” he says with smile. You thank him and turn to look back out the window as you fall back asleep. Once off the plane you turn your phone back on to a multitude of text messages and missed phone calls. One you weren’t expecting though was the Twitter notification. You open up the site and tap on your mentions. You look at the new mentions with a smile. “@Louis_Tomlinson: @y/t/n Thanks for not killing me =) oh and I kind of looked to see more than your town #HopeYouDontMind”

Zayn: You take your seat beside a curled up ball of what looked to be a human. You laugh at the already asleep passenger as you make yourself comfortable for the very long flight you’re about to sit through. Almost as soon as the pilot had turned off the seatbelt sign there was a teenage girl standing by your side. You look at her with confusion, “Can I help you?” “Can you wake him up for me?” She asks with a smile on her face. You look over at the mass of jacket, still not having seen his face since you took a seat. “I don’t think he wants to be woken up love,” you say to the girl who’s smile dips into a frown. “Zayn!” She shouts trying to wake him up. It was then you realized who the lump was beside of you, and this girl was absolutely not going to wake him up.“Listen, he’s obviously asleep and doesn’t want small children waking him up, leave,” you respond. She rolls her eyes and walks back to her seat. He turns over soon after she walks away and you finally see his face. “Shit. I’m sorry, I had no idea she was going to scream,” you apologize. “It’s fine,” he says with tired eyes. “Thanks for getting her out of here though, I hate dealing with fans on the plane,” he continues. “Good thing I’m not a fan then,” you say with a smirk as you watch him fall back asleep.