The Attack on Arceus Begins

Ash's P.o.V.

I laid out the machine on the cavern floor I was instructed to build by Clemont. "This will get my brother back?" Asked Bonnie.

"If the machine works like it's supposed to? Yes." I replied. Clemont had survived his attack from Palkia and had contacted me when I was... anyway it was supposed to use Reflection Cave's portals and focus them into going to a certain dimension. "Ok Bonnie I need you to go outside and tell everyone I'm turning it on. Okay?" 

"Sure Ash!" She cheered, excited to see her brother.

Once I made sure it was safe I turned it on. It started to hum. Lights flickered, and a screen came up. I imput the numbers Clemont told me to when I got a strange feeling. I looked around and saw nothing but my reflections. I shrugged it off until I heard a voice. 

"Ash.... it's... lie..."

I looked around again. Nobody just my reflections. I pressed start and a countdown begun. A horrible feeling washed over me. Clemont wasn't alive. This was a trap, a lie. I had seven seconds to run. "Pikachu RUN!" I yelled. 

Time seemed to slow down as I scoped him up and ran. 

Five

Four

Three

Two 

One 

Zero

The cave exploded all around me. I threw up a Aura shield over my head, covering me and Pikachu. Crystal walls shattered. Links to alternate worlds gone. Space collapsing on itself. If this doesn't grab Palkia's attention I don't know what does. I saw the exit. I ran faster. I saw a person running in it was- no Serena get out! Run! 

"Ash hurry!" She yelled. I ran faster. Then the ceiling shook and cracked, over her head. I jumped using Aura and grabbed and pulled her away. I looked around and saw we were trapped in between two parts of fallen roof. We were trapped. "Serena are you okay? I asked. 

"I think so. You?"

"I'm fine." 

I was about to speak when one of the walls melted into void. "Oh. Great were dead. Again." I said. 

"Ash do something!" Screamed Serena as she jumped behind me and grabbed my arm.  I didn't know what to do. Hoopa would be useless since of the unstable space. If I use a Pokémon attack  it could destroy the small room we were in. Maybe I could cut a hole with Aura. I have never tried. I summoned a sword of Aura and started cutting into the other wall. I used my Aura to hold up the roof. It took a while but I finally cut through a pulled Serena through as the void filled the room. We ran outside and saw that the entire arena had splotches of void everywhere. We walked around until we found our friends. Luckily no one was lost. 

"Ash what happened and where's my brother?" Asked Bonnie 

"Bonnie I'm sorry to tell you but your brother was dead all along. It was a trap and I know who did it, Arceus."

"Ash how can you be so sure? Asked Misty. Her voice sounded weird when she said that.

"Palkia isn't here. He wanted to cut off connections to other worlds like the one I went to. Also at another attempt to kill me." I then realized something.

"I'm tired of running and hiding. I think it's time we make our own move. It's time for humanity to fight back!"

Yay! after 2 months I have returned to Judgement Day! This is kind of a filler to get the attack on Arceus going. 

It's that time again! Question of the Chapter! 

What is the name of the object that was cut from the anime series and what was it's original purpose?