Kate and Liam

"Great work today, Kate." My swimming instructor told me with a smile. "I'll see you next week."

"Yeah, see you next time." I gave a quick wave then walked off towards the changing rooms, shivering at the cold. My instructor may have been pleased with me but my 'audience' certainly weren't. I'd been the one holding them up, because they were the customers wanting to use the pool after the private lesson. My private lesson which had over run about 15 minutes.

"Finally!" I heard a girl mutter as I squeezed past her. I was just getting over it when I bumped into a boy, who held my arms to then steady me.

"Sorry." I mumbled, looking up. What I expected was I chubby, goofy boy wanting to swim. But instead I practically had a heart attack at the sight of the Liam Payne. I blinked, making sure my eyes weren't automatically replacing a normal boy with the face and body of Liam Payne. But his voice settled it, it was him!

"Whoa, steady." He certainly wasn't goofy, or chubby. I nearly fainted when I caught a glimpse of his six-pack, and his perfect smile.

"Sorry." I apoligised again, then walked off past him, shaking.

When I got into the changing room I practically collapsed onto the bench. I was cursing myself for not talking to him, maybe setting up a date. I'd completely ruined my chance of marrying Liam Payne! I was angry with myself; this was not how I'd planned meeting Liam! So I'd have to find him again to have this fixed, do it the perfect way I'd been planning for ages...

I waited in the changing room for a while once I was ready, so that by the time I came out Liam might be out too. I waited another five minutes, and then left the changing room. It turned out my timing was exact. He left the swimming pool as I left the changing room, and I nearly collapsed again. His hair was dripping wet and messy, and his body was wet and just...WOW. He looked soooooo fit! Here was my chance.

I walked forward pretending to be heading for the vending machine, because the door to leave was in the other direction. As we got closer to each other it dawned on me that I hadn't planned anything to say. So now I was full of hope that he'd make the first move as we walked past each other, shoulders literally brushing. But my chance was lost.

"Wait!" I hoped it was him, not some annoying boy who I knew from school, or something. But I turned around to an amazing body, and tried to keep my eyes at their normal size. "Sorry, I just recognise you..."

"..Because I'm the girl who bumped into you earlier?" I finished Liam's sentence for him.

"Yeah, that's probably why." He laughed nervously. "Look, I know this is sudden and you don't know me and stuff, so you'll probably say no, but do you fancy a drink after? I'll get changed quickly, and..."

"Yes." I interrupted him.

"Cool." He smiled and walked off, looking back at me quickly before heading to the mens changing rooms. So much was bubbling up inside me as I waited for him to be out of sight and earshot. In fact, when he was out of sight and couldn't hear me, I let out a small scream, which got me a few strange glares. I didn't care, though; I had a date with Liam flippin' Payne!

****************************************************

You have to stay calm!  I thought to myself. And don't go fangirly! He doesn't seem to know you're a fan yet! Whilst talking to myself I was still getting over the fact that I'd been one of the lucky girls to run into Liam Payne whilst he and his band were touring in Australia. This was so amazing! Although, I was quite surprised at the lack of fans, I wondered when they'd appear.

He didn't take long getting changed, but by the time he came out my brain had decided this was too amazing to be real. I thought I'd imagined it. But when I saw him I knew it was real. It added to the truth of it when he asked where I wanted to go.

"Just to the cafe, maybe. Unless you have something else in mind. Because the cafe's actually quite nice." I replied.

"You mean the one onlooking the pool? The cafe here?"

"Yes." I smiled.

"Ok, whatever you want." We made our way to the cafe by the pool, and Liam got me a drink. I thanked him, and we sat down, getting into deep conversation. He was easy to chat to, and my heart beat evenually slowed down.

"So what type of music do you like?" He asked me at one point.

"Umm..." I bit my lip, wondering whether to lie or not. I didn't, though. "Yours..." I murmured.

"You're a fan?" He asked after a sip of his drink. I nodded my head slowly, looking away.

"Cool." He said casually. His coolness about it took me aback.

"What...You don't, like, mind..?"

"No, of course not. The lads and I have agreed we'd date fans."

"Yeah, I just thought you'd find it weird..."

"Weird? No way. I mean, it'll make it easier."

"What?" I was confused.

"Well, I mean, I need to get to know you, but you already know me. A half ready-made relationship."

The word relationship stopped my heart.

"I, err, I umm...well, uhh...."

"Yes?" Liam asked.

"...."

"Well, if this is what you meant then, yes, I said relationship but so what?" He paused. "Hang on, you don't have a boyfriend do you?"

I shook my head- that was all I could do.

"Good," He seemed relieved, but also shocked. "Anyway, what I was saying was that it doesn't matter that I said relationship, it's nothing to panic about." He hesitated. "It's just my way of saying I really like you."

"...." My body froze. He liked me? Well, I certainly liked him, and I wasn't throwing away this opportunity. "I quite like you too." I smiled, and he winked- stopping my heart for the hundredth time today.

**********************************************

Aaaahh!!! I got it done!!! I'm so sorry about the wait, the One Shots have been building up (I currently have 6 more to do even though my One Shots are CLOSED!!)  and so has homework. But anyway, hope you like it Kate (Aussie_girl12) :) tell me what you think :DDDDDDD