Kayla and Harry

I was bored enough to be revising for a science test. I'm not even kidding. I glanced over my work from yesterday, not even taking it in. Yawning, I closed my book. With nothing to do, I began to stare at my curtains, which were swaying gently in the breeze from my open window. A knock on the door sounded heavenly. Something to break me from boredom! Even if it was the postman! But he'd been today, and my parent's wouldn't be home from work until later.

I walked up to the door, checking through the peep-hole before opening. With one eye open and the other shut, I squinted through the small glass circle. My eyes were greeted with the familiar sight of curly hair and green eyes. But the hair was floppy, and didn't have its usual bounce. The eyes were dull too, compared to how usually they were bright green. Even his dimples weren't showing.

"Harry?" I opened the door, and he looked up at me. He walked himself in, and I closed the door before joining him in the front room. He'd sat down on a chair, so I walked over and collapsed lightly on the sofa.

"What's wrong, Hazza?" I asked him.

"Annie dumped me." He said, not even looking up from where his glance lay on his hands.

"Really?" I was shocked. "How? How could anyone dump such an amazing guy like you? And I thought she'd try to stick with you because you were famous! All those tarts usually like that!" Harry didn't speak, so I began again.

"Harry, if you were in a relationship I would've thought- if one were to dump the other- that it'd be you! No girl is good enough for you!" It hurt me to see my best friend like this. It was usually him helping me, but not this time.

"What about all that 'soul-mate' crap?" He asked. "All these people talking about how they've found their soul-mate, or how they will." He paused, looking up into my green eyes. "Do you believe in that, Kayla?"

For once I was actually overwhelmed. Usually I'd not let the fact that Harry Styles was practically the hottest guy on Earth get to me. I was his friend, I couldn't fall for him. But this time as his eyes glistened with tears that didn't seem to drop, I couldn't help myself.

"I-I don't kn-know, Harry." I stuttered. We sat in silence for a moment, Harry watching himself twiddle his thumbs. "Listen, I'm sure the right girl's just around the corner."

"You think?" He said, looking up.

"Yeah, I do." I took a breath. "Look, Harry. You have so many girls falling for you, and I'm sure you'll have loads of girlfriend. But there's only one that's gonna make you think 'wow, I wanna marry and have kids with this girl'." He laughed, as I'd done my last impression in a deep, manly voice.

I smiled. "You'll know when it's right."

"Yeah, I guess." He smiled. "Thanks." There was more silence, but I didn't find it awkward. Harry was just having a moment to think.

"But what if I don't find the right girl?" He asked suddenly. "What if she's in my life but I never try with her? Then I won't have the right girl."

Was he talking about me? Surely not. Harry Styles couldn't fall for me, his best friend. "Harry, I don't know what to say. I mean, what happens, happens. And if there is such thing as soul-mates, then there's such thing as fate, right? Then, surely, fate will make you meet this girl." I wondered if I sounded sad, but I shook this thought away. It was only Harry, my Harry.

"I've already met her." He stated.

"What? Who? Are you gonna try it with Annie again?" I questioned.

"No," He chuckled. "I never liked that bitch anyway."

I giggled, wondering who he then meant. My question was answered.

"I meant you." My head shot up.

"Me?"

"Yes, you. We might as well give it a try. I mean, you're my best friend. Someone I can trust, someone I know. And anyway, I've always liked you."

"Really? Well, I guess I liked you too."

"That's our friendship gone." Harry smiled. "Let's hope this works out." He got up and came over to me, sitting down. Then he leant in, and kissed me. And, my god, he was an amazing kisser. When he finished he slowly pulled back, hands still on my waist, and looked into my eyes. I stared straight back in his, still completely shocked. I watched as he got up and left, and then heard him call out, "I'll pick you up at 7:00!"

I got up and then walked upstairs to my room, checking my reflection in the mirror. My hair was ok but my lipstick was a little smudged. I re-did it and then got dressed again, hoping he meant a date. I was ready just before 7:00, and I rushed down to greet him at the door, before follwing him to his car and getting in. I saw him in a new light now, a light I much preferred- already. He drove down the street to Nando's. When I walked in, I saw that Niall was there, and he already had ordered our dinners, which were waiting on his table.

"Finally!" He exclaimed as we arrived. "I looked like a loner!"

"You are a loner, Niall." Harry replied as we sat down.

"Shut up." He looked at me. "So, you two are going out now?"

"Niall, why are you here?" I asked, ignoring his question.

"Because I had the choice of staying in with Liam, Zayn, and Louis, or coming to Nando's. What did you think I'd choose?"

"Nando's, of course."

"Exactly!" Niall said. I began to eat my dinner, then I looked up at Niall.

"How did you know this was my favourite?" I asked.

"Harry told me." He said through a mouthful.

I nodded, smiling at Harry. He leant in to me.

"Sorry he's here. I did try to leave him with the lads, but he wouldn't let me leave him. He even walked down here himself." He whispered. I smiled, leaning back, then mouthed 'don't worry'.

Even though Niall was here (and slightly getting in the way), this as the best meal of my life. And most definitely the best day.

*****************************************************

Hope you like it Kayla (kayla1515) :D It was fun to write, hopefully fun to read (haha) :)