Emylee and Niall

I was so excited that I was actually bobbing up and down in the back of the car. My friend Rebecca was next to me and she was excited as well, but not quite as much as me.

"C'mon, dad! Drive faster! I exclaimed.

"I know you're excited, Emylee, but we're stuck in traffic! How am I supposed to move? Can't you see the big red light?" I ignored him, still bobbing and watched out of the window. It was only just Spring, so it was already getting a little dark. Not very much, but the sky was tinted darker now that it was 6:30.

 We were on our way to a concert, a One Direction one. My friend Rebecca and I both had backstage passes, so we'd actually be meeting the boys. This was amazing, but I was so nervous. I'd known Niall Horan as a child- when I'd gone on holiday to Ireland at the age of about 9- but I was scared he wouldn't remember me. Of course he wouldn't, I corrected myself. He was a famous superstar- like he'd remember a childish holiday romance.

About half an hour later, we arrived at the arena. There were already loads of girls outside, who had been hoping to catch a glimpse of the boys- who were already inside.

"Quick! We're late!" I grabbed Rebecca's hand and pulled her towards the doors, not even waving to my dad. As we reached the doors, a security guard stopped us.

"No! We have backstage passes!" I shouted at the man over the screaming. He checked them then nodded, letting us in. Girls screamed a few names but I didn't care. I was meeting One Direction!

We made our way in and a woman directed us to the lads' dressing room. I nervously knocked on it, until I heard a voice shout 'come in'! I slowly twisted the handle and opened the door. I then saw:

Liam Payne topless, Louis Tomlinson having a girly fight with Zayn Malik, Harry Styles polluting the room with a deodorant and Niall Horan looking at me. But he was looking at me in a way that scared me: narrowing his eyes, and very slightly cocking his head to one side like a dog.

I walked in, coughing as I breathed in the deodorant.

"Sorry about that." Harry smiled. "You're the girls with the backstage passes, right?"

I nodded, still awestruck. Niall was still staring, and he caught me looking at him.

"Sorry, I just think I recognise you."

"Yeah, I know why you do." I smiled, extremely surprised at how confident I sounded. Inside I was shaking.

"How?" He asked.

"My holiday? When I was about nine?" He didn't seem to remember. "Oh, c'mon! The beach? When we hid down in that den...?"

"Emylee?"

"Yes, it's me!" I said. We both laughed, and then went silent as awkwardness appeared. I still liked him, but did he still like me? Probably not, we didn't know what we were doing back then.

"Twenty minutes!" Liam suddenly shouted. "Hurry up, guys!"

"We're ready, Liam. Calm down." Louis said, patting him on the shoulder like Liam was some mental man with issues.

"Whatever." Liam shook him off. Rebecca was still standing there, gaping at Zayn.

"Wow," She murmured, coming close to me. "He is so much fitter than on telly!"

I shook my head at her, as yesterday she'd liked Harry.

"Excuse me." I left the room, heading for the ladies toilet. I checked my reflection in the mirror, and a figure in the mirror behind me scared me.

"Niall?" I spun round. "Why are you in the ladies?" I looked him up and down. "You're not a...lady are you?"

"No," He chuckled. "I'm not."

"Then what are you doing in here?"

"I have something to tell you." He looked at his feet.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, umm, I was really happy to see you today. Sorry I didn't recognise you. But, yeah, I was wondering if I could ask you out sometime?"

"Yeah, sure." I was going quite red. "How about now?"

"Ok! Do you wanna go on a date with me, Emylee?"

"Yes!" I said too enthusiastically. "But we can sort that out later! You go perform, and get out the ladies toilet!" I laughed as he left, checking no-one was around as he walked back into his dressing room.

"Wow." I breathed. That was the most amazing experience I'd ever had with a guy! I'd usually go all giggly and red, but that wasn't too bad! Smiling to myself, I left the toliet- forgetting to actually pee- and I went to the boys dressing room. A make up artist was giving Liam a quick, last minute check and another woman was going around, giving the boys' clothes tugs and sorting out their hair. Rebecca was standing there, watching on silence.

"Ok, you're ready to go, boys!" One of the women shouted. They left the room, each holding a microphone. Niall, the last out, winked as he left and Rebecca and I followed- then going a seperate way to the boys to find our seats. The music soon began as the lights dimmed, and before I knew it the boys were finishing their last song.

"You don't know, oh-oh, you don't know you're beautiful, oh-oh, that's what makes you beautiful!" Harry ended the last few words and the crowd went wild, including me. Soon, though, I was back with Rebecca in the boys dressing room as they got ready to leave.

"About that date," Niall began. "Is tomorrow ok? We're in the area, so Nando's at seven?"

"Nando's! Where else? Definitely, I'll see you there." Niall gave me a kiss on the cheek and then I watched as they left. Girls were screaming outside, and I joined in as I reached them too.

Although, if I were to become Niall Horan's girlfriend, I probably shouldn't do that in future.