THIRTY EIGHT

CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT:

ENDS IN DISASTER

     THE MUSIC BLARED LOUDLY FROM the speakers and Ginny knew that dances sucked. Honestly, she already wanted to leave and go somewhere quieter with Jughead.

"So," Ginny started, knowing her anxiety had suddenly skyrocketed as the music hummed through her body. "How was dinner with the Coopers?"

"God awful," Jughead groaned playfully, his hands tightened around Ginny. "I like Betty as a friend but God, I hate her family. Alice Cooper and my dad seemed really tense for some reason."

"Why?" Ginny questioned, watching Jughead's face contort into thoughtfulness.

"I think they knew each other in high school." Jughead shrugged but didn't elaborate, nor did Ginny. Both rather enjoyed the moment of them together, slow dancing.

"J-Jug," Ginny suddenly pulled away from Jughead's shoulder to look up into his eyes. Her eyes blinked up at him nervously but she still felt at peace with him. "What did you want to talk about?"

Jughead sighed, tightening his grip on Ginny as he revealed the secret. "My dad wants us to move to Toledo."

Ginny felt like she was punched in the gut. "W-What?"

"Yeah, he just mentioned it today. I wanted to talk to you first. You're my girlfriend and best friend and I can't leave you."

Ginny sighed, pulling Jughead closer to her so she could nestle her face in the crook of his shoulder and neck. "My offer still stands." Virginia told him, reflecting on how she had asked if he wanted to move in with her.

Jughead moved his hands onto her shoulders and Ginny looked up confused, wondering why their embrace ended quickly. Her query ended when Jughead planted a sweet kiss onto her forehead.

The duo swayed to the slow song that began to play, enjoying each other's company in each other's arms. However, Ginny noticed Betty approach Kevin, turning her blissful attitude a little sour. 

"Hey, Kev. Have you seen Archie and Veronica?" Betty asked Kevin who was with Joaquin.

"They're not here yet," Ginny interrupted as her and Jughead swayed past. She felt a sudden urge to bring Betty's attention to her and Jughead dancing. Ginny wasn't a petty person but Betty brought out the worst in Virginia.