Chapter 11

Don’t ask me,

What you know is true.

Don’t have to tell you,

I love your precious heart.

(INXS = Never tear us apart)

Chapter 11

Mary’s POV

I left feeling so hurt and humiliated. Maybe it was all a ruse to get me to sleep with him? But he didn’t sleep with me even though I threw myself at him. I was so confused and felt so lost. So I went home and called Marty.

“Wow, you where naked and he just. Um, and nothing else.” Marty asked.

“Yes nothing else.” I was trying so hard to hold back the tears.

“Listen, it seems like he does care for you. He would not have been able to stop, if all he wanted was your body.” She tried hard to make me feel better.

“When did life get so complicated Marty?”

“Um, I think it was when we were 16. The day we were told, our father and mother was alive and that there was a carbon copy of us running around somewhere.” Marty said making me laugh.

“Yeah I guess that set off the spiral of our life.” I told Marty.

“You love him don’t you.” She didn’t ask, she stated.

“Damn that bull headed man. But yes I love his stinking ass.” I tell Marty finally admitting it even to myself.

“Well my sister seems I’m going to have to hop a plan down there tonight. Because you will not let yourself fully love him until we do the test.” Marty tells me.

“Really Mart, you’ll come” I was feeling so happy after I hung up. I needed to know he really loved me and would be able to tell me apart from Marty. I was also curious to talk to her about the big thing she said she found out there.

She said she was going to ask Grady to go back with her. Hmm I wonder why.

I finally headed to take a shower so I was all fresh and rested for tomorrow. Since at this minute the emotional overload left me feeling like I was hit by a Mac truck.

…………..

The next day I woke up to Marty cooking in the kitchen singing along to some stupid song. Her animals where there all happy to see her. “You made it back.”

“I told you I would. I even got me a hot dress for tonight.” She said smiling.