Being A Bodyguard Of A Hollywood Jerk! -Ch 1-

The cover was made by Watermelonsushie :3

Hope you enjoy the chapter.

___________________________________________________________________________

                                                       Being A Bodyguard Of A Hollywood Jerk!

                                                                 -Chapter 1- The Assignment.                                                                                 

                                                                            Cera's P.o.v.

"Thank you for taking the time to meet me, Miss Joyce" my boss - Mr. Karman said, using his stubby fingers to light an expensive looking cigar. I tried my best not to breathe in the toxic smoke or make any smoke related comments.

"No need to thank me, sir, I know that you only want to meet bodyguards when it's important" I said to him trying to sound polite, yet professional. 

"I‘ve heard quite a lot about you, but no one told me you were this observant" he said with a smile giving me a full view of his yellow teeth.

"Isn’t it a bodyguard’s job to be observant?” I asked jokingly.

"That‘s true, now let’s get down to business, shall we?" he said placing his cigar down and looking at me seriously.

I gulped silently and nodded in agreement. Just by looking at his expression told me that party time is over and it’s time to become serious.

"As you know, you came into our agency not too long ago, and haven’t had an assignment yet” Mr. Karman started, I didn’t know if what he said what a rhetorical question or a statement, but to show him that I was listening I nodded.

"And now you’ve proven that you’re physically and mentally capable to work, I shall entrust you with your assignment, but don’t relax yourself, just because it’s your first one - doesn’t mean it’s easy” he continued, his tone growing serious by every second. 

“I understand that, sir, I guarantee that I won‘t slack off” I promise him. 

Mr. Karman smiled, obviously satisfied with my answer, and I felt myself mentally go ‘Boo-yah!’

“That’s exactly what I wanted to hear, now, you ready to meet your client?” he asked, feeling my enthusiasm.

My mind was screaming: “Hell yeah I would!” But I tried my best to keep my excitement down and summed it all down into one word: “Yes.” 

“Follow me” Mr. Karman stood up, I could see his belly slightly showing, but paid no attention to it and got up myself. 

We walked down the hall toward the elevator, waited for a minute or two and when it arrived went in.

He pressed the first floor button, slightly clearing his throat as he did so and we made our way down with the soft music playing in the background.

“You are aware about our tradition here, Miss Joyce?” Mr. Karman asked me in the elevator.

“Yes, I am” I say. “About you going to meet the client together with a rookie-bodyguard?” I ask just to make sure I was thinking exactly what he was.

“Yeah, that one, what other tradition can I be talking about?” he confirms then asks, but by his tone it’s obvious that it was a rhetorical question. 

There actually are other traditions here, it’s just Mr. Karman isn’t really aware of them, for example, when a new bodyguard is transferred into this agency the other ones have to play a prank on them (Mr. Karman of course doesn’t know about that little tradition, since he’s busy with all the paperwork, I assume).