Pool Party

Pool Party

"Girl, what are you doing? Hurry up." Karlie said with an eye roll.

I flicked her in the forehead, "I'm ready. Shut up."

Karlie whined and turned to her girlfriend, and my best friend, Moz. Karlie was very pretty with her short hair, dark chocolate skin, full lips, perfect smile, and almond shaped mocha brown eyes. She was gorgeous with a curvaceous body but I still thought Moz could do better.

Not because I didn't necessarily like Karlie but because Karlie didn't bring out the best in Moz. She didn't push Moz to do better or be a better person, if anything she motivated her to do even less than she did before she was with Karlie.

Moz smirked down at her, "You shouldn't have bothered her babe."

I guess I missed the whole part where Karlie snitched on me. Karlie grabbed Moz and locked her arms around her waist.

We sat in the car outside the large house where the party was being held. It was being thrown by one of our close friends, CJ. She was one of the hottest DJ's in our area and her house showed it.

"Let's go in," Karlie said, opening her door.

Moz grabbed her, "Hold up, remember what I told you. We ain't staying out all night because I have to work in the morning."

"You always have to work in the morning." Karlie whined.

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah because she has to pay her half of the rent."

See, not pushing her to do better with her life.

We all walked into the house and into the backyard where most of the party was. The music was blasting from large speakers placed all around the backyard and CJ or whoever had strung colorful lights all around the pool and hot tub.

"Mia! Moz! Wassup y'all?" CJ dapped us up and regarding Karlie more for what she was wearing and now because she wanted to speak to her, "We got drinks flowing everywhere, some smoke somewhere around here, bad bitches everywhere! Y'all have fun for real, y'all know where I'll be." She stalked back off into the direction of the DJ booth with a red solo cup in her hand.

The pool was packed tight with bodies of varying colors and sizes. They were all dancing along to the mixed song that was playing. Moz and Karlie had already disappeared leaving me all alone in a yard full of people.

I grabbed a beer from the blue cooler that sat next to a table and leaned against the table to see if I wanted to talk to anyone here.

That's when I noticed that someone was checking me out. She was by far the prettiest girl here. She smiled at me, showing off a mouth full of slightly crooked teeth behind full pink lips. I smiled back at her and she took it as an invitation to come talk to me.

I'm not sure if it was the incredibly small pink bikini or the confident sway in her hips but somehow I felt myself getting turned on.

"Hi, I'm Sabrina." the girl said, standing next to me at the table.

"I'm Mia." I introduced myself, turning to get a better look at the girl. She was indeed beautiful. She had a lighter skin complexion than my caramel one with hazel eyes and a light dusting of freckles across her nose which was pierced with a hoop on the left side. Her hair was in goddess braids that went down her back, "You're gorgeous."